Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Andersen Corporation
Andersen is a place of vibrant energy and innovation. These innovations are part of a well-defined roadmap to seize opportunities ahead.
PURPOSE: Work may be in a laboratory, test area, product documentation, manufacturing area or pilot plant. Performs more complicated and advanced procedures requiring the ability to interpret requirements and possesses considerable judgement in determining work methods, interpreting test results and writing clear and accurate test result reports and/or data structures. May build and test models, or perform difficult analyses requiring knowledge of quality tools, manufacturing processes, and laboratory techniques. May lead continuous improvement activities, may have full responsibility for minor projects.
- Performs in-house testing for the benefit of the Manufacturing, Engineering, Product Development and in-line production quality checks. Works with Engineering to build products for in-house testing & follow through with independent lab testing.
- Leads the production of all prototype products for testing and product development.
- Responsible to work with Value Stream Supervisors and Performance Engineers to build the first production of new products, to train assembly people, set up jigs, fixtures, etc. and offer recommendations to all concerned for improvements. Basically, to set up a turnkey program to hand over to the Value Stream Supervisors.
- Takes instruction from Management to follow up on either in-house quality or job site problems. To be part of a team to make decisions and resolve such problems.
- Involvement with the Service Department to assist with resolution and constructive recommendations to deal with Customer complaints.
- When needed, travels to job sites to determine and/or repair job site problems as directed by the Service Department. Availability to assist in this type of service will be determined by the Engineering Supervisor.
- Programming of PLC controlled machinery and troubleshooting automated machine systems.
CULTURE AND BENEFITS: Andersen is committed to making a difference through challenging ourselves each day, recognizing and rewarding success, taking pride in our work and honoring a legacy built on doing the right thing. There is great respect for life outside work so that you can bring your best self to work.
We are committed to demonstrating mutual respect and appreciation of our similarities and differences so that each employee can realize his/her potential and we exceed our customers' expectations.
As an innovative and industry-leading organization, we think of benefits more broadly. From your health care to your work environment, to your development and quality of life, we think beyond basic benefits to provide a total rewards package including, but not limited to:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account contributions
- Paid holidays plus PTO
- 401(k) plan & contributions
- Professional Development and tuition reimbursement opportunities
- A culture that supports work-life balance
- An environment where collaboration is key
- Volunteer opportunities – on company time
- Environmentally conscious business decisions
- 8,000 employees and career opportunities nationwide
- 2 Year degree in Technical field or equivalent experience
- 5-10 Years Technical Support Experience.
- Strong math, science, mechanical and experimental skills
- Strong aptitude in process improvement and problem solving
- Basic knowledge of quality systems, SPC and process capability
- Basic knowledge of lean, manufacturing and business systems
- Competent in relevant methodologies and tools (e.g. SPC, ERP, DMAIC)
- Must be hands-on, mechanically inclined, and technically minded.
- Self-directed in the areas of complex problem solving and driving team-oriented solutions.
- Knowledgeable about window and patio door fabrication and assembly, including procedures of testing, assembly, materials, hardware, weather-stripping, design, & manufacturing process criteria.
- Basic knowledge of residential and light commercial construction, especially the areas associated with windows & doors.
- Customer-service focus with the ability to cope with dis-satisfied customers.
- When required, must be able to travel (air or land), for a week at a time on a casual basis.