Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Direct Bill Insurance Accountant
at Associated Banc-Corp
Associated benefits and Risk Consulting is growing and we are looking to add a Direct Bill Insurance Accountant Specialist to our Kimberly team.
Associated Benefits and Risk Consulting is a premier employee benefits, business insurance and HR consulting agency based in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Illinois. We are known for our high energy, innovation and commitment – to our clients and each other. Plus, our employees made us one of the best places to work in the Midwest!
- Competitive Compensation, 401K, Employee Stock Ownership Plan and Pension Plan
- Comprehensive benefit package, banking benefits and wellness programs
- Great training and onboarding along with personal & professional development
- Leading edge technology, comprehensive tools and resources to assist you –including top tier access to a wide variety of insurance carriers from regional to global
- HR Solutions –clients have direct access to HR Consultants and services
- Partnership with Associated Bank provides a competitive edge –we have the ability to service our client's total financial needs
- Community involvement/volunteer opportunities highly supported. Networking opportunities with Company Resource Groups
Responsible for accurate and timely processing and reconciliation of all direct bill payments received by the Company. Research and respond to payment questions and review policy information from the appropriate system. Find opportunities to improve processes and procedures. Assist with the monthly reporting of and accurate filing of completed statements and other relevant documentation. Train new colleagues regarding Associated Benefits and Risk Consulting Accounting processes and procedures.
· Accurate and timely recording of detailed commission statements into applicable database. Methods of entry include: 1) manual entry of transactions, 2) analysis, manipulation & downloading of transactions, or 3) analysis, manipulation & importing of data files
· Research and reconcile statement discrepancies; communicate with carriers and account managers to assist in resolution; research policy set up discrepancies; communicate with account managers and/or consultants to assist in resolution
· Timely retrieval of commission statements via email, mail, and online access to carrier websites; set up online access to commission statements; resolve issues with website set up, passwords and/or login information; communicate with carriers to obtain missing statements
· Record incoming carrier payments received via check and ACH. Code, record, and enter according to company procedures; communicate with carriers to resolve discrepancies and/or modify payment methods
· Record journal entries; finalize commission statements and associate statements to receipts as part of the statement reconciliation process; prepare and generate account statements, reports and other records and review for accuracy
· Assist with month end reconciliation of accounts as per company procedures; review activities to ensure all relevant documents have been obtained and attached appropriately
· Update and maintain documented processes and procedures; look for opportunities to streamline processes and implement efficiencies; share ideas with team members and manager for input prior to implementing changes; answer questions related to processes and procedures
· Coordinate work flow with other team members to balance time management; train new employees; other special projects as assigned
- 1-3 years Accounting, Insurance or other Business-related required
- Prior experience within Insurance industry –ideal but not required
- Associate's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Bachelor's degree Accounting or Business related preferred
We hire smart and ambitious self-starters and provide a wealth of resources to help you reach your full potential. Therefore, seize your new career opportunity with Associated Benefits and Risk Consulting and come join in the spirit of our success!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We support a work environment where colleagues are respected and given the opportunity to perform to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants with a disability who need assistance applying for a position with Associated Bank are asked to email: colleaguecare@AssociatedBank.com or call: (800) 878-3282.