Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Delivery Driver- Pharmacy Services Senior (Part-Time 32 Hrs)
at Cardinal Health
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a global, integrated healthcare services and products company, providing customized solutions for hospitals, health systems, pharmacies, ambulatory surgery centers, clinical laboratories and physician offices worldwide.
The company provides clinically-proven medical products and pharmaceuticals and cost-effective solutions that enhance supply chain efficiency from hospital to home. Cardinal Health connects patients, providers, payers, pharmacists and manufacturers for integrated care coordination and better patient management. Backed by nearly 100 years of experience, with more than 40,000 employees in nearly 60 countries, Cardinal Health ranks among the top 25 on the Fortune 500.
For nearly half of a century, the Nuclear Pharmacy Services business of Cardinal Health has set the standard for the radiopharmaceutical industry. Nuclear Pharmacy Services, whose network of over 130 pharmacies fills 65% of radiopharmaceutical unit doses nationwide, has consistently demonstrated leadership through innovation and a commitment to excellence.
- 32 hours per week Monday through Wednesday.
- M - 0245-1045 South (Iowa)
T - 0500-1330 North Metro
Th - 0145-1015 Wrap/Pack
F - 0145-1015 Wrap/Pack
*This role participates in on-call and the holiday rotations
- Assigns delivery routes to drivers and makes adjustments as needed
- Processes incoming packages for pharmacy use
- Performs equipment checks for daily use
- Prepares and makes deliveries to customer accounts on assigned route using a company vehicle (non-cdl)
- Packages radiopharmaceutical medication for shipment, performs testing, and loads/unloads containers
- Uses a handheld tablet to scan customer orders for accuracy, obtain route stop information and navigation
- Processes packages returned from customer locations
- Maintains vehicles in proper working condition and may perform minor roadside repairs
- Performs general facility cleaning and other duties as required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must hold a valid driver's license and have a good driving record.
- Minimum of 21 years of age due to driving of company owned vehicle
- Past dispatching experience a plus
- Prior delivery driving experience a plus
- Ability to lift containers weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Comfortable driving in all weather conditions during day or night hours
- Ability to sit, stand, be mobile and operate a vehicle for extended periods of time.
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work weekends or be in a weekend rotation required.
- Ability to work holidays or be in a holiday rotation required
- Ability to work on call or be in an on call rotation required
- Flexibility to work various shifts or overtime as needed
- Ability to use computers and tablets