Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
It is an exciting time to be a part of Ceridian as we continue to grow and expand our geographic footprint. As a Tax/Payroll Specialist, you will administer and support end-to-end payroll for Ceridians current and future growth locations. Initially the primary focus will be on the US but may also include our other geographies as assigned. Participation in the process of bi-weekly and monthly US tax payments, quarterly US tax filings, and annual US tax filing are crucial to this role. You will be connecting with employees on inquiries regarding payroll policies and procedures as needed. As part of a dynamic Total Rewards Team you will be given the opportunity to work with a team who supports and assists one another.
What is expected of you:
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll in accordance with company policies, practices and procedures as well as appropriate federal and provincial/ state regulations.
- Reconciles payroll taxes at the employer and employee level by reviewing payroll tax reports.
- Prepares and files quarterly, monthly and annual payroll tax filings.
- Stay up to date with regulatory changes and proactively provides information and assistance related to payroll tax, to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with government agencies to open and close appropriate tax accounts and investigates any issues.
- Process New Hires in payroll system and maintains employee files.
- Audit and balances payroll data.
- Process correct garnishment calculations.
- Set up one-time and other types of compensation payments and taxable benefits along with position and compensation changes.
- Calculate and ensure retro and prorated payments, reimbursements and deductions are complete and accurate.
- Responsible for the processing of leaves and terminations including processing correct deductions, unused time away from work days, etc.
- Assist with interpreting and communicating company policies and government regulations affecting payroll procedures to employees as needed.
- Provide high level of customer service to all levels of employees by responding to routine payroll inquiries.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of off cycle payroll runs i.e. for bonus payments and terminations.
- Run and filter routine HRIS and payroll auditing reports via Dayforce HCM, Crystal reports and MS Excel and distributes internally and to external third parties. May work with HRIS support to investigate any issues.
- Provide assistance in yearend preparation and auditing for W2/T4 processing.
- Work with HRIS support team to identify, investigate and resolve issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skill / Requirements
Your strengths, skills and abilities:
- Minimum of 7 years experience and/or combination of training and experience in a multi-jurisdictional/state payroll administrator role.
- Strong knowledge of employment standards/FMLA and payroll legislation.
- Expertise in US payroll tax filings and compliance for federal, state and/or local requirements.
- Self-starter that takes initiative to proactively identify process/compliance challenges and suggests improvements.
- Strong proficiency with Excel, Word, Outlook and other types of software.
- Technical aptitude toward understanding integrated Human Resource Information Systems and US tax compliance. Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Ability to deal with confidential or sensitive information and handle basic conflict situations, demonstrating a high degree of honesty and integrity.
- Excellent customer service including verbal and written communication to all levels of employees.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Exceptional multi-tasking, organizational and analytical skills with excellent attention to detail and emphasis on accuracy and quality while adhering to internal controls. Possess a high level of accountability, transparency, dependability and maturity.
- Very agile with the ability to work in a customer focused, transforming environment.
- Dayforce HCM experience and asset preferred.
- Completion APAs Fundamental Payroll Certification preferred.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Must be able to work in an environment of very tight deadlines and strict requirements for accuracy.
- May be required to work beyond normal working hours to respond to business needs and deadlines.
- May be exposed to difficult conversations in addressing employee concerns on an occasional basis, experience occasional work interruptions, be required to adjust work priorities, and demonstrate flexibility when dealing with unexpected deadlines.
- Must be comfortable working in and with virtual teams.