Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Covia is a leading supplier of minerals and material solutions to the industrial and energy markets. The formation of Covia in 2018 is the most recent of many significant milestones in our shared history. Built from the merging of Fairmount Santrol and Unimin Corporation, Covia’s rich legacy includes many achievements across industries and capital success through partnership. Our ability to deliver the right product, to the right place, at the right time, is unmatched. Just as strong is our commitment to building partnerships that help our customers succeed.
Quality and innovation are at the foundation of Covia; but our real strength is our people. Covia employs a diverse and highly-skilled team of professionals to convert natural minerals into engineered solutions for our customers. Every member of our team has a valuable opportunity to help shape our future and make a positive impact on the world around us through our commitment to the locations where we live and work.
Covia Corporation has immediate openings for shift Operator Positions. Qualified individuals have the opportunity to gain valuable experience and progress rapidly to operating mobile and stationary equipment.
The successful incumbent will have the following Key Accountabilities:
- Comply with applicable MSHA regulations as outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and procedures applying to the worker or person that are part of a safety and health management system for the mine
- Carry out the activities in a way that does not expose the worker or someone else to an unacceptable level of risk
- Adhere to site procedures and instructions given by supervisors
- Operate equipment in a safe manner which is most efficient and reduces damage, downtime, and quality issues
- Complete required paperwork in an orderly, accurate, and professional fashion
- Assist with any continuous improvement projects as necessary
- Perform all other duties as needed or assigned
The successful incumbent will have the following Minimum Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED required
- Previous experience in an industrial environment is a plus
- Basic computer skills and data entry are required
- Previous experience operating heavy equipment is a plus
- Previous experience within mining operations a plus
- Must possess the ability to perform in a physically demanding environment
- Qualified candidates must be available for shift work, weekends and overtime.
- Salary Range:60 day probationary period $22.94 then $23.19-$24.59
- Shift premium for 2nd and 3rd shift
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
Pre-employment physical exam and alcohol/drug/controlled substance screening is required.
At Covia, we strive for and support a diverse workforce as we recognize this lays the foundation of our success. Our compelling culture supports inclusion, individuality and respect within the workplace. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non-work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status.
The organization offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits.
An Equal Opportunity Employer