Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at CSM Corporation
This position is responsible for providing a safe and secure environment for our residents, associates, and guests by maintaining the buildings, grounds, and equipment in a safe and efficient manner consistent with CSM Standard Operating Procedures, industry best practices, and regulations. This position will demonstrate a spirit of service and teamwork to ensure high resident satisfaction and retention within our communities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Grounds Maintenance: Responsible for maintaining the overall condition and cleanliness of the community exterior grounds and any other assigned work areas. Completion of daily tasks such as general exterior cleaning, pool cleaning, pool chemical inspections, trash removal, and package or notice delivery. Maintain property appearance, upkeep/curb appeal to ensure competitiveness within the industry, attract future residents, and provide a welcoming environment to current residents. Assist in light grounds maintenance tasks as assigned including pet area maintenance, flower beds maintenance, turf repairs, filling potholes, shrub and tree maintenance (i.e. – watering, irrigation, pruning, weeding, planning, etc.), shoveling/snow removal, and assisting with tasks as assigned by the Community Manager.
• Property Maintenance: Responsible for maintaining the overall condition and janitorial needs of the maintenance shop, storage, and common areas of the property. Performs light, preventive maintenance in units, common areas, hallways, garages, grounds, pool, clubhouse, and equipment. Completes general work orders and turnover maintenance needs in a timely manner. Perform regular lighting, smoke/CO detector, and general maintenance inspections throughout property.
• Cost Control: Responsible for proper use and safeguarding of equipment and supplies, and adheres to cost controls to reduce expenses. Monitor stock levels on all necessary inventory and place orders through Community Manager. Maintain accountability for all necessary inventory, supplies, tools and equipment.
• Customer Service: Ensure resident satisfaction by adhering to maintenance service and loss-prevention standards including preventative maintenance. Ensure that residents’ needs are responded to in a courteous, friendly and timely manner. Work as a team player in meeting resident needs, and actively contribute to the efforts of other areas when necessary. Communicate in an appropriate and professional manner with residents, co-workers, and other CSM associates. May be required to attend residential community activities after normal business hours as requested by the Community Manager.
• Safety/Risk Management: Mitigate risk by conducting routine inspections of community grounds to maintain standards per CSM, local, state and federal regulations including AWAIR program. Operate all equipment following safe and proper procedures. Follow all CSM procedures for resident/associate incidents. Knowledgeable of property emergency procedures. Ensure a clean and safe work environment. Must be available to assist in any natural/catastrophic disaster.
• Self-Management: Produce required volume of work by planning, organizing and prioritizing work duties. Adhere to CSM attendance policy, grooming/appearance/dress code standards, and general work rules and department procedures. Attend all required meetings. Adhere to all CSM Standard Operating Procedures and Fair Housing laws.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Education: High School diploma or equivalent. CPO Certification is preferred for properties with pools, or the ability to obtain certification based on policy guidelines.
Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Attention to detail, customer focused and the ability to perform job duties in a fast paced environment. Current and valid driver’s license with safe driving record required.
Requires grasping, writing, lifting, carrying, reaching, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
CSM Corporation is an equal opportunity employer who provides employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other area prohibited by applicable laws and regulations.