Dade County Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technology Specialist II
at Dade County Federal Credit Union
# of Openings:
Technology Specialist II - Information Technology (Main Branch)
1500 NW 107 Avenue
Miami, FL 33172
Responsible for the company’s online computer system and all purchased computer equipment. Operates the mainframe computer and peripheral equipment; runs standard and specialized reports, serves as a resource to in-house users; maintains systems and application software in a current status; ensures security of equipment and databases.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Rigidly adheres to all systems security procedures. Brings up and operates computer. Ensures system is backed up; maintains daily log and records problems and other significant events; troubleshoots network problems; ensures optimum response time; prepares scheduled reports; prepares specialized reports using Recall features.
- Coordinates the repair/replacement of all computer related equipment including communication equipment; installs new computer equipment including cabling; installs software updates. Performs periodic preventive maintenance on equipment including branches. Assists in-house users reporting software utilization problems and equipment malfunctions.
- Daily monitoring and management of virtual infrastructure (Servers and desktops) and storage arrays.
- Daily monitoring and maintenance of phone systems and all peripheral support.
- Reports disruption of branch support capabilities as soon as observed or anticipated to the Operations Department.
- Restricts access to computer room. Ensures that essential supplies are on hand at all times.
- Transmits to and receives data from Federal Reserve.
- Contacts software vendor to report/discuss systems problems. Follows software vendor’s operating instruction and procedures as outlined in manual, and discussed in formal training sessions, contracting support personnel as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science required.
- MCP Certification required.
- Must have strong working knowledge of PC software (Windows 7, MS Server 2003-2012, MSSQL 2005-2012, Cisco UC, VMWare vSphere, Exchange 2010-2013) and hardware (Servers, SAN, Network Printers etc)
- Minimum 2 years experience with Unix operating system
- Minimum 4 year LAN experience.
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule as required; attend out of area training sessions
- MCSE Certification a plus
- VCP Certification a plus
- Strong Technical written and communication skills are required.
- Three years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.