Dakota Growers Pasta Co.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Dakota Growers Pasta Co.
Forklift Operators are responsible for shipping, storing, receiving inventory and for ensuring that our products are loaded and shipped according to quality and safety standards. This position plays an integral role in ensuring our product is shipped to our customers in great condition and on time.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Use forklift to load and unload productions onto trucks and trailers, according to shipping schedule Operates other equipment for shipping, as needed
- Support efficient production and shipping processes by using forklift and pallet jack to transfer products, pallets, boxes, and other materials
- Pull product from Alvey and Tote stations and put the warehouse or any other area as determined by the Supervisor
- Use scanner to input information into systems; follow standard operating procedures and policies to ensure timely and accurate inventory during storing and loading processes
- Monitors all equipment for wear and potential damage, performs related preventative maintenance as require. Perform required daily safety inspection of forklift; complete daily checklist in a timely and accurate manner, according to standard operating procedures and policies
- Change labels on Markem printer and input all information using the scanners
- Supply WIP product if needed and check condition of the totes, label bad product/totes, if applicable
- Check production schedule and ensure that all supplies are ready for the next shift, and replenish line supply as needed
- Collect and safely scrap cardboard in the compactor, according to procedures. Check egg release sheet to ensure egg were delivered and compact empty boxes
- Hand palletize products, as needed
- Other duties, as assigned
Education and Experience Required:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution
- Previous experience operating a forklift
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and overtime
Preferred Education, Experience, And Skills:
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Previous experience with scanner equipment
- CDL license preferred
Physical Requirements: Qualified candidates must be able to perform the following physical job requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Must be able to sit for 8 hours per shift
- Must be able to balance, bend, crouch, kneel, stand, stoop, walk, and reach above shoulders for 6 hours per shift
- Must be able to work in a dusty, high heat and humid environment for 3 hours per shift
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, push, pull, perform fine manipulation, and feel for 8 hours per shift
- Must be able to operate foot pedals for 8 hours per shift
- Must be able to lift up-to 50 pounds for 6 hours per shift
- Must be able to make fine distinctions in sound, express and exchange written or spoken word, and distinguish objects and equipment visually