Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
The Dow Chemical Company has an exciting job opportunity as a Manufacturing Operator in our Minneapolis, Minnesota facility.
In every corner of the globe, from developing countries to industrialized nations, Dow Water & Process Solutions (DW&PS) has purification and separation solutions that get results. We are helping to make water safer and more accessible, food taste better, pharmaceuticals more effective and industries more efficient. We address many of the world's most pressing problems through the connection of chemistry and innovations, ensuring our products help to minimize stress and strain on the eco-system and deliver sustainable benefits.
We apply 3P Thinking—the cornerstone for how we incorporate Performance, People and Planet —when developing sustainable technologies to address global challenges such as population growth, urbanization, climate change and aging infra-structure.
The DW&PS Edina site is a 24-hour/7-day operation including holidays. Actual schedules and work days may vary depending upon current openings.
Shift openings at the site may include:
3rd shift (working Sunday night to Thursday night, 10:30 pm – 6:30 am)
5th shift (working Friday night to Sunday night, 6:30 pm – 6:30 am)
The manufacturing operator role is essential in the production of liquid separations systems. The operator is responsible for the fabrication steps of producing a reverse osmosis element to be used by a variety of customers. The operator is responsible for conducting general troubleshooting of equipment during production, manufacturing defects and overall element build quality.
**The Dow Chemical Company does not offer relocation if the position is offered to someone who lives outside the area or reimbursement for travel to and from interviews. If you consider a position that is not within the area you reside you will be responsible for all cost that incur.**
• 2 or more years of experience in a manufacturing, industrial environment, or chemical plant is required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills are required.
• Must have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
• Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence.
• A self-starter who can identify, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
• Must be able to do the following with or without a reasonable accommodation.
• Must be able to willing and able to work in such environments wearing safety equipment, such as respirators, earplugs, goggles, and steel-toed shoes.
• Must be able to willing and able to work in such environments with frequent bending, reaching, and lifting.
• Must be able to willing and able to work in such environments working in tight or closed-in spaces.
• Must be willing and able to climb stairs/ladders and working high off the ground.
• Must be willing and able to stand or walk for extended periods of time.
• A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
• A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required.
• An Associate's degree in Process Technology, Automation, Robotics, or similar field OR 4 years military experience is preferred.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
• Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
• An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
• Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
• On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
• Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
• The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
• Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
• Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us, you may call us at 1 800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1 989-636-3674.