Emerson Electric Co.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Emerson Electric Co.
This position is located in Chanhassen, MN and also has responsibilities for Wausau, WI and Mandan, ND sites.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
- Managing the center(s) as a self-contained manufacturing operation as well as a true profit center business, including complete P&L responsibility.
- Managing the operation including machine shop, weld shop, mechanical and assembly and calibration operations.
- Responsible for engineering, including troubleshooting and minor field changes involving both I&VS and non-I&VS equipment.
- Responsible for purchase of all materials, parts and tools necessary for all locations within his/her geographical region as well as preparation of appropriation requests for capital investments
- Responsible for branch site indirect marketing function, including sales, through direct contacts with process plants in the marketing area and sales channels interface
- Continuous communications with sales channels to find ways to uncover business growth opportunities
- Responsible for the pricing of all Instrument & Valve Services goods and services and preparation of price quotes on larger jobs
- Seek out, develop and implement new business opportunities in cooperation with sales channels
- Conduct customer presentations
- Business Report preparation and reviews
3. Quality Assurance/Health & Safety
- Responsible for quality control of all work performed and determination of safety codes and engineering standards applicable to repair work performed, including non Instrument and Valve Services products.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and healthy work environment(s) and adhering to all I&VS policies as well as OSHA
4. Employee Relations
- Responsible for employee relations, community relations, government relations for all locations in his/her geographical region
- Responsible for all staffing, including recruiting and selecting both direct labor and support functions
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- mechanical skill as well as a sound working knowledge of machine tools, welding techniques and valve assembly tolerances and standard
- Superior leadership/organizational/interpersonal/communication skills
- Safety and loss prevention skills.
- 3-5 yrs. experience in both supervision and technical positions in machining and assembly operations
- Sales/marketing experience would be helpful.
- Previous managerial experience of several yrs. is preferred.
- A broad knowledge of the I&VS product line and its application in the process industries is preferred; a good knowledge of competitors' products is helpful.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you'll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we're changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.