EnerSys Delaware Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Service Technician
at EnerSys Delaware Inc.
EXCITING OPPORTUNITY TO WORK WITH A GLOBAL LEADER IN STORED ENERGY SOLUTIONS.
COMPETITIVE SALARY, GREAT BENEFITS, INCENTIVE ELIGIBILITY AND CAREER GROWTH!
We are seeking a Field Service Technician who will be required to perform both in shop and field service work. Plans and coordinates activities concerned with installing equipment, investigating and resolving customer reports of technical problems with equipment, and eliminating future operational or service difficulties by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES for the Field Service Technician include the following:
- Travel to customer sites to install, repair, and perform preventative maintenance to customer's equipment to include flooded and sealed batteries, chargers and DC power distribution equipment (cable trays, battery racks and power cables).
- Interacts with all levels of people, both inside and outside the company.
- Develops and conducts training on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team members and customers.
- Performs Preventative Maintenance inspections of customers batteries, chargers, battery handling equipment, and battery changing/charging area and records data.
- Replaces defective parts, reassembles battery, and fuses lead parts with gas torch.
- Determines specific gravity of solution.
- Waters, Washes, cleans, and neutralizes customer's batteries at customer's location.
- Installs equipment at customer's facility to ensure full functionality according to specifications.
- Provides on-site technical assistance to help troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Maintains records of performance reports.
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Occassionally download battery and charger data via a monitoring device and use the information to repair or correct battery/charger problems in accordinace with the customer's operation.
- Follows all company policies and procedures as listed, but not limited to: warranty, safety, environmental, OSHA, DOT Hazmat, and ISO9000.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform the Field Service Technician job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A high school diploma or equivalent; or industry related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and the Internet.
- Able to operate a cell phone.
- Basic mechanical aptitude.
- Previous experience working with hand and power tools.
- Previous customer service experience in field support.
- Able to read with comprehension and write documents (such as customer correspondences, memos and reports) in English.
- Able to perform basic math and solve simple equations.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and respond to after hour service calls when required.
- Able and willing to travel to customer sites.
- Must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record with minimal traffic violations.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to drive a company vehicle.
- Able and willing to operate a forklift.
- Able and willing to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Able and willing to do overnight travel when required.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and frequently bend, twist, reach, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Must have hand dexterity to manipulate and handle materials.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a daily continuous basis. Any lifting over 50 pounds will be done with the assistance of a mechanical device or with the assistance of another employee.
- A basic electrical understanding.
- The use of test equipment and reading schematics.
Safety is our number one priority. Therefore, appropriate measure are taken by EnerSys to ensure the safety of all our employees.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to fumes, airborne particles and toxic chemicals including lead products and fiberglass products. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock, outside weather conditions, extreme cold and extreme heat and vibration. The noise level in the environment is moderate and occasionally may be loud. Employees working in this position are tested periodically throughout the year for the level of lead in their blood. EnerSys offers a safe work environment by providing safety training and protective equipment.