Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- 05-Mar-2018 to 31-May-2019 (EST)
- Machine Shop
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Full Time
Elk River Machine Company, a Cretex Company, has grown to become one of the most prominent full-service contract manufacturing facilities in the Midwest. We pride ourselves on integrity, solutions and value. ERMC is looking for Machinists to join our organization.
Welder A & B - 1st and 2nd shift (training on 1st Shift prior to moving to 2nd)
Rate: up to $24.34 plus shift premium
Layout, fit and welds diversified work (short run, production, or job shop) in all positions (AWS Standard 4G)
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
1. Follow Company saftey rules.
2. Uses safe material handling methods
3. Report and/or correct unsage work conditions.
4. Participate in plant safety inspections.
5. Identify and/or report opportunities for safety improvement.
6. Remind fellow employees to work safely.
1. Follows all ISO procedures
2. Correctly uses MES station.
1. Layout, position and fit material to be welded in an efficient manner per print.
2. Sets up equipment to weld on a variety of metals and alloys using SMAW, FCAW, SAW, GTAW, GMAW, or gas welding equipment.
3. Bolts, clamps and tack weld parts to secure in position for welding.
4. Moves and positions material with hoist and forklift.
5. Maintain clean work area.
1. Regulates amps, volts, wire feed rate, gas flow and gas mixtures in accordance with material, weld process, and weld position within specifications.
2. Selects proper welding process, equipment, electrodes, and consumables for material being welded.
Responsibility for work of others
May provide technical and/or project direction to others on occasion.
Perform work in time allowed.
Work in a safe manner.
Education and Experience:
High School education or equivalent.
Certificate of completion from technical school welding program + 3 years experience or 2 to 5 years related welding experience.
(Class A) Hold the ERMC "Class B" welder classification for 1 year and earn supervisosr approval or hold the ERMC "Class B" welder classification for 3 or more years.
Knowledge and Skills:
Pass weld test at Class "A" or Class "B" level
Blueprint reading including weld symbols and geometric tolerancing.
Math and problem solving skills.
Able to understand verbal and written instructions.
Able to lift 50# regularly.
Understands proper welding requirements for welding position, base material, joint design, and specifications.
Knowledge of sale material handling methods.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.