General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Entry level Software Engineer in Test
at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems
- Job Location
- Required Clearance
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Hiring Company
- General Dynamics Mission Systems
BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering software engineering or a related technical field, or equivalent experience is required; Agile experience preferred
Applicants selected may be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for an Entry-level Software Test Engineer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
Entry-level Software Test Engineers participate in the design and development of systems software, software applications and/or tools for new programs and subprograms.
- Development, execution, and documentation of test cases
- Participates in internal review of software components and systems
- Receives general instructions and guidance from immediate supervisor and works on problems with defined scope, schedule and expectations
- Builds stable working relationships internally
- Travel may be required
- Keeps abreast of technology trends and champions new ideas and product and process improvements
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to write and understand code in C/C++
- Working experience programming in Linux environment
- Be able to develop test scenarios based on requirements
- Knowledge of machine-to-machine interfaces
- Knowledge of one or more scripting languages (Bash, Perl, Python)
- Solid knowledge of the software development process
- Knowledge of Real Time Operating Systems
- Shows initiative on assignments, and professionally executes projects with little direction
- Solid ability to be a team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success, meeting and exceeding personal and team commitments
- Strong in problem solving, organizing, and attention to detail
- Technical writing and verbal communications skills
- Avionics domain experience with Department of Defense contractor
- Agile development
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran