General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Hardware Systems Lead
at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems
- Job Location
- Required Clearance
- Secret, obtainable within 24 months
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Hiring Company
- General Dynamics Mission Systems
Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
Applicants selected may be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Hardware Systems Lead. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
Hardware Systems Lead engineers research, design, develop, and integrate information processing hardware to operate in a harsh military environment.
The selected candidates will:
- Lead cross-functional teams of electrical, mechanical, and integration and test engineers with the implementation of state of the art systems
- Synthesizes solutions to meet customer expectations and technical performance while staying within schedule and cost constraints
- Manage component suppliers
- Perform technical planning, cost and risk analyses, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for subsystems and system elements
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience leading engineering teams with the implementation of complex multi-core microprocessor designs
- Excellent use and understanding of systems engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Excellent proficiency with requirements management & system modeling tools
- Effective in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions
Working experience/knowledge with several of the following technologies:
- VITA 46
- Various memory types including DDR2, DDR3, SDRAM, SRAM
- Xilinx FPGAs
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Fibre Channel
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran