Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Real Estate Representative
at Great Clips
This position is responsible for supporting the Real Estate Managers in the timely procurement of profitable new locations for Great Clips salons in designated DMAs.
On your journey, you will face the opportunity to:
- Develop strategic market action plans to uncover opportunities in assigned DMAs and maximize market potential.
- Develop strategies and maintains ongoing awareness and knowledge of assigned DMAs to ensure all real estate opportunities are maximized. Update and maintain information in the Real Estate Data Base on all opportunities.
- Assist Real Estate Manager in the development and maintenance of relationships and networks with retailers, developers, brokers, and landlords to facilitate an effective long-term relationship and create a positive position for Great Clips.
- Develop and maintain relationships with corporate partners to ensure real estate policies, opportunities, and procedures are administered consistently across all markets and communications are maximized for the benefit of the franchisee and the system.
- Demonstrate the ability to listen, earn trust, and accept direct feedback from franchisees while building strong, positive relationships.
To land this job you will need to show your proven ability to or possess the following:
- Good verbal and non-verbal communications skills; negotiation skills a plus, such as the ability to collaborate with others to arrive at a decision.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to package and summarize information and opinions in clear and concise manner.
- Knowledge of and ability to understand maps, demographics, retail trade areas.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships that will enhance the image of the company.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate and positively reflect the company’s image as a leader in the marketplace.
- Knowledge and familiarity with franchise and consumer retail businesses; understanding of key retailers - anchors, competition, co-tenants and their relationship to Great Clips.
- Ability to interpret complex written concepts and clearly communicate the meaning to people with varying levels of knowledge about leases.
- Understanding of software systems and their applications including Excel, Word, Outlook, database management systems, etc.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply policies, systems, practices and precedents used within the organization.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work on several geographical regions, all within different phases of market development.
- Ability to maintain a schedule that allows 50% travel.
- 1 - 3 years of successful commercial real estate experience or 2-5 years of experience closely servicing and communicating with Franchisees; retail leasing experience preferred; college degree in business or related field preferred. Knowledge of and experience in existing or proposed Great Clips markets is desirable.
Your Work Environment
This is an in-office position in which you will work a standard 40 hours a week scheduled in an environment where you will participate in meetings and work at a computer most of the day. There is flexibility on the time you start and end your workday. There will be opportunity to travel once or twice a year to meetings and conferences.
- Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
Using a Thoughtful Approach
- Having the ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
- Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, wellness programs, a company-matching 401K and tuition assistance but some perks that set us apart are:
A focus on your development. We want to know what your dreams and aspirations are and hope to find ways of Great Clips helping you along in your journey. Your personalized development plan will create a path for your growth and promotion potential.
A GREAT culture. One the most frequent compliments you will hear about Great Clips from employees, franchisees and business partners alike is that Great Clips has a GREAT culture. Our belief is that we are strongest together and therefore find it important to have an inclusive, diverse work culture. Though we embrace our differences, we all share in our 6 core values; we are kind, we listen and earn trust, we keep it simple, we focus on execution, we exceed expectations and WE MAKE IT FUN.
A spirit of ideas and innovation. Here at Great Clips, we have a competitive lead within our industry. Though we hold a strong position, we never stop pushing ourselves forward and continue to look for new ways of delivering a powerful and enduring brand.
About Great Clips
With more than 4,300 franchised salons throughout the United States and Canada, Great Clips is the world’s largest haircutting salon brand. Our salon owners and corporate staff are dedicated to our salon communities with a focus on philanthropic and volunteer activities. Great Clips, Inc. employees are passionate about what we do.