Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Guthrie Theater
Pay: $13.25 to $15.00/hour
Compensation ranges from $13.25 - $15.00 per hour.</div><div> </div><div><span><strong>DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES</strong></span></div><div><strong>1
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 45405dbf-8530-47be-af4c-e56d5d1fe2d9
Reports to: Environmental Services Manager and Housekeeping Supervisor
The Guthrie Theater engages exceptional theater artists in the exploration of both classic and contemporary plays connecting the community we serve to one another and to the world. Through its extraordinary artists, staff and facility, the Guthrie is committed to the people of Minnesota, and from its place, rooted deeply in the Twin Cities, influences the field as a leading 21st century arts organization.
Every year more than 500 people, both on stage and off, help ensure our success in creating and supporting the highest level of theater. As an organization, we are committed to our values of Artistic Excellence, Community, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, and Fiscal Responsibility.
Housekeepers ensure a positive overall impression of the Guthrie Theater through the effective practice of appropriate cleaning and sanitation standards. This position works with the Environmental Services Manager, the Housekeeping Supervisor, and other staff members to ensure that building maintenance requirements are met. As the theater operates daily and is focused on patron and program needs, a flexible schedule is required. Shifts will range from 4-8 hours and are mainly afternoons and evenings; weekend shifts may include mornings. This position is part-time and non-exempt. Compensation ranges from $13.25 - $15.00 per hour.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Housekeeping Services
- Responsible for the cleaning and sanitation activities of the Guthrie Theater.
- Maintains a high cleanliness/sanitation standard of excellence.
- Completes work priorities, daily work lists, and routines which may include the following:
- Window and glass cleaning
- Cleaning restrooms (including toilets and urinals)
- Vacuuming and sweeping
- Scrubbing and mopping floors
- Carpet cleaning
- Cleaning upholstery
- Washing walls
- Cleaning escalators
- Emptying trash and recycling containers
- Cleaning and care of various surfaces throughout the building
- Follows policies and procedures for housekeeping in accordance with applicable codes and regulations.
2. Vendor, Supplies and Safety Compliance
- Ensures that housekeeping supplies and equipment are maintained and kept to appropriate levels and standards.
- Restocks paper products for employee and patron areas throughout the building.
- Uses chemicals safely and effectively, according to specifications. Reports issues or concerns promptly.
- Notifies the Environmental Services Manager concerning the need for identified building maintenance.
- Assists Visitor Services as needed through housekeeping best practices to maintain patron comfort and safety.
- Maintains appropriate housekeeping records to successfully complete inspection protocols.
- Practices the established housekeeping program to prevent and control the contact and spread of infection.
- Operates and maintains power custodial equipment in a safe manner to one’s self and the building.
- Experience, ability and commitment to working with diverse groups in terms of gender expression, race, sexual orientation, religion, ability, age, class and immigrant status.
- Ability to follow required procedures and protocols.
- Ability to demonstrate a high attention to detail in order to complete tasks successfully.
- Ability to lift, squat, kneel, reach, and be on your feet for the entirety of your shift.
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain a positive attitude toward staff, patrons or volunteers.
- Ability to work independently as wells as to quickly redirect efforts to new tasks when job reassignments occur.
- Ability to solve problems and work effectively with a variety of departments.
- Ability to multitask.
- Knowledge of OSHA workplace safety practices preferred.
- A resistance to dust and cleaning chemicals preferred.
The Guthrie Theater is located in the historic Mill District along the Mississippi River in Minneapolis, Minnesota. As the largest city in the state, Minneapolis offers a large variety of parks, lakes, great food, festivals, malls and more.
WHY SHOULD I APPLY?
Be a part of a leading non-profit organization that is committed to serving not only the local Twin Cities community (you betcha!) but the industry as a whole. Did we forget to mention the sidewalks in the sky, winter makes you stronger, and top-notch employee perks?
One hour of sick time for every 30 hours worked (in concurrence with the Minneapolis Sick and Safe Time Ordinance)
Subsidized passes for Metro Transit buses and trains
Discounted pre-tax monthly ramp parking
Discounted bike locker rental
Discounted Nice Ride annual membership
To all shows produced by the Guthrie
To some performances hosted by the Guthrie
Classes and Camps
Discounts to Guthrie classes and camps
To Guthrie productions
Other Employee Perks
Guthrie Store discount
Costume Rentals discount
Admission to opening night parties
Discounted Level Five Café and Express dining
Frequent Sea Change restaurant discounts
A NOTE FROM HUMAN RESOURCES
Applicants must submit the following to be considered for the position:
- References (3 total)
- Cover Letter (optional)
The Guthrie is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable environment and strongly encourages applications from people of color and women. This position will remain open until filled and until a diverse and qualified pool of candidates is identified. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply.