Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Unified Communication Field Tech III
at Integra Telecom.
The Unified Communications Field Technician III (Minnesota) is a Union position which installs, maintains, and services telecommunications systems, with advanced and demonstrable knowledge of Unified Communications, and network products. Employee must be able to act in a leadership capacity in managing medium to large multi-site installations over multiple days while serving as a liaison between customer and the company.
(These responsibilities must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation)
1.) Program, install and maintain advanced Unified Communications equipment and network services at customer’s location.
- Ensures all work is completed and tested with the customer prior to leaving customer site.
- Ensures timeframes for installation or repair are met.
- Keeps customer and management informed of progress made or issues that arise on job site.
- Acts as a liaison between customer and company.
- Promotes customer satisfaction with company and products delivered.
- Attains high customer satisfaction survey scores as measured through survey scores and customer/peer feedback.
- Will be expected to participate in on-call requirements
2.) Remains in compliance with company requirements for the following:
- Follows and keeps current of process and procedures identified in the Standard Operation Procedures (SOP)
- Timely and accurate paperwork completion
- Updates dispatch on progress of jobs and closes tickets in timely manner
- Follows inventory control guidelines, including maintaining appropriate levels of van stock and accurately reporting inventory used
- Maintains and safeguards company owned equipment and working inventory appropriately.
- Meets company Personal Appearance Policy requirements
- Meets company policies as outlined in the Allstream Handbook
- Meets company safety policy requirements, including use of ladders, climbing, stooping, kneeling, lifting, pulling, pushing
- Maintains safe driving practices and ensures all driving infractions are reported to management.
3.) Provide backup support for the Remote Service team as directed, needed, or workload allows
4.) Develops personal knowledge/skills necessary to perform required work.
5.) Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Works under general supervision. No supervisory responsibility. This position has a direct impact on customer satisfaction and an indirect impact on sales. Failure to effectively perform the essential functions of the job could result in long-term negative interactions or significant short or long-term impact on revenues. This is a complex position involving both detailed technical skills and customer service skills. This position requires continuous learning on the part of the technician and requires that the technician have a working knowledge of, as well as learning new systems and updates for all products supported by Allstream. Frequent internal contact with all levels of employees; frequent external contact with customers.
High school diploma or GED with Trade/Vo-Tech or two-year degree, or the equivalent in training and work experience. Minimum of four years experience in the installation or service of two Allstream supported Unified Communications products with voicemail, multiple site networking, advanced applications, and PRI/SIP installation. Advanced level manufacturer certification on two Allstream supported products. Minimum four years experience installing advanced level IP services including installation and troubleshooting experience with firewalls, routers, and network switches. Must have advanced knowledge of Operating Systems. Knowledge of, and the ability to use system utilities, Internet client software and PC troubleshooting skills. Ability to receive and/or to be a holder of a Restricted Energy License. Demonstrated ability to solve problems, work semi-independently and to organize and prioritize multiple, conflicting priorities. Requires the ability recommend corrective procedures and meet inflexible commitment deadlines. Must have a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
(The following are physical requirements of the position as required by the Americans With Disabilities Act)
Requires very frequent bending at the waist, twisting of the upper body, standing, speaking and hearing and frequent kneeling, walking on uneven surfaces, repetitive use of the hands, squeezing, keyboarding and crouching. Requires frequent lifting and carrying of 1-10 pounds, frequent lifting of 11-20 pounds and occasional lifting and carrying of 21-50 or more pounds. Also requires constant pushing and pulling of 1-50 pounds and infrequent pushing and pulling of over 50 pounds with the aid of handcarts or other wheeled devices. Must be able to perform primarily medium work. Must be able to perform close detail work, operate mobile equipment including a vehicle. Must possess good visual and color acuity.
- Ability to work with confidential information in a professional manner.
- Must possess leadership skills necessary to lead complex, multi-site or multi-day installations in lead tech capacity.
- Has the ability to establish priorities and work independently on projects.
- Must hold advanced manufacturer certifications on two company supported Unified Communications systems with proficiency in advanced applications.
- Must have ability as measured by supervisor the knowledge and proficiency on advanced applications.
- Skill in operating and maintaining various telephone testing, installation, and repair equipment.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and isolate complex equipment and network issues.
- Maintains a high level, technical knowledge of company’s advanced network service offerings as well as the required CPE for installation.
- Maintains an advanced knowledge of personal computers and Operating Systems.
- Maintains an advanced knowledge and has the ability to apply that knowledge of networking elements including but not limited to networking protocols and the most up-to-date technologies.
- Skilled at reading and interpreting technical instructions as applicable to job duties.
- Provide courteous customer service to new and existing customers.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ensure that scheduled maintenance, routine care and required repairs are performed on their company supplied vehicle.
- Ensure that proper safety precautions and instructions are followed when working with work related tools and equipment.
- Maintain accurate customer related documentation and database information.
- Provide feedback to supervisor regarding our level of service and feedback from customers.
- Valid driver’s license.
This position description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While this description is intended to accurately reflect the position's activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
ALLSTREAM TELECOM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER