Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at IWCO Direct
Impactful. Disciplined. Measurable. That’s why savvy marketers turn to IWCO Direct – to inspire performance across all marketing channels. From all-inclusive creative, digital and paper-based direct mail services to leading technology platforms, advanced postal optimization strategies and industry know-how, IWCO Direct won’t just help you along the way; we’ll Power your Marketing™.
IWCO Direct also plays an active role in our communities and works closely with industry partners, the U.S. Postal Service, and our Congressional representatives to build awareness of the mailing industry and its importance to the national economy.
If you’re thinking of a new career at IWCO Direct, our pace is fast, but safety, quality and an enriching work environment are top priorities. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and on-site wellness programs – not to mention the opportunity to work with some of the most talented people around.
We are currently seeking a Package Planner to join our high-growth, creative organization at our facility located in Chanhassen, MN.
The Package Planner is responsible for planning production jobs throughout IWCO Direct’s Lettershop and Print Operations. This position works closely with Scheduling, Client Services, Estimating, Product Engineering, Outsourcing, and Production to ensure jobs are planned efficiently and billable activities and changes are documented accurately.
Other responsibilities include:
- Attend creative and pre-planning meetings to discuss production specifications and workflow optimization for jobs and creative builds
- Collaborate with Estimating, Scheduling, Product Engineering and Production on production methods/approach
- Create and merge job estimates into formalized production plan that is compliant with schedules and aligns with client and production goals/objectives
- Write job instructions and enter into EFI Foundation (ERP system) to initiate the job start in Client Services, Prepress, and Production
- Track and monitor work progress to handle problems/issues that arise and to ensure jobs are completed accurately and on time
- Work with Outsourcing and Purchasing when engaging vendors to provide all necessary production details and project information
- Explore opportunities for cost savings, efficiencies and process improvements
Minimum Experience/Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Graphic Arts, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years related experience working in a high-volume print/direct mail environment as a Job Planner, Scheduler, or Estimator
- 1-3 years’ experience with a manufacturing ERP, preferably with EFI Monarch
- Strong proficiency with MS Office, especially Excel and Visio
- Exceptional verbal and written communication abilities working with all levels of internal and external customers
- Solid numerical/analytical skills to perform math calculations, pricing changes, and financial reporting and documentation
- Excellent organization/time management to quickly adapt to changes in workload, priorities, and additional time commitments
- Self-motivated team player who takes initiative and recognizes areas for innovation and process improvements
- Proven customer service and problem solving abilities, strong work ethic, and high attention to detail
- Pre-employment drug screen and background check required