Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN Case Manager - Salaried
at Lifesprk LLC
Our passionate, registered nurses are the heart of our innovative whole person senior care model. Do you want to take your senior care experience to an entirely new level? Our award-winning culture and a strong team of top performers are catalysts for our continued growth. We are looking for talented, creative people who want to fulfill their passion and help change the experience for people in the second half of life.
The RN/Case Manager will be responsible for planning, organizing and directing home care services. This person should be experienced in nursing, with an emphasis on community health education/experience. The professional nurse builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the needs of individuals and families within their homes and communities.
Essential functions include:
Client Care & Service Delivery
* Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
* Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
* Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
* Develops a care plan, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
* Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician. Provides direct patient care as defined in the State Nurse Practice Act.
* Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
* Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan of care.
* Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development.
* Completes necessary paperwork accurate at admission and submits to medical records the same day.
* Completes emergency preparedness plan with clinical/caregiver at admission visit
* Communicates with team post admission or nonadmission with status and plan of care for client, including MD notification
Visits, Communication and Customer Service
* Lead by example in establishing rapport with clients
* Ensure positive/professional communication on team
* Introduction/Establish Rapport
* Customer service resolution; escalate concerns
* Prepares clinical notes and updates the primary physician
* Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports any changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physician’s orders
* Communicates with community health related persons to coordinate the care plan
* Honors Client Confidentiality, Rights, Privacy, and Reporting Maltreatment Expectations
Honors Client Confidentiality, Rights, Privacy and Reporting Maltreatment Expectations
Understands and Accepts Clients’ Diagnosis
* Understands and accepts emotional needs of client
* Accepts unique client symptoms and behaviors
* Emergency Procedure and Response Expectations
* Identifies home safety issues
* Notifies care team, incorporates information from emergency preparedness plan
* Overview of Process, Types of Reports and Forms
* Enters complaints, occurrences into EMR as necessary at admission
* Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available
* Orders necessary medical supplies required for plan of care at admission
* Plots necessary supervisory visits when building plan of care
*Thoroughly reconciles all meds at admission
•Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. One to two years of recent acute care experience in an institutional setting.
•Current licensure in state and CPR certification.
•Bachelor’s degree, with one year of home health care experience preferred.
•Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising home health aides.
•Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
•Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift, position or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
•Licensed driver with automobile that is in good working order and insured in accordance with the organization requirements.
•Experience using technology including: Microsoft Office, Smart Phone, Calendaring, Financial Software platforms (EMR), Wi-Fi, Printers, Internet Browsing
•Ability to follow written instructions and type a minimum of 20 words a minute.