Meridian Behavioral Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medication Aide- 3rd Shift
at Meridian Behavioral Health
Location: Stillwater, MN
Meridian Behavioral Health LLC is a leader in behavioral health care and addiction recovery services, with a network of addiction treatment centers and acute psychiatric hospitals nationwide. Cedar Ridge, our men's residential treatment facility in Stillwater is looking for a Medication Aide to join the team!
- Administers prescribed medications to patients and maintains medical records under the supervision of a nurse.
- Verifies identity of patient receiving medication and records the name of drug, and time of administration on specified forms or database.
- Presents medication to patient and observes ingestion or other application, or administers medication using specified procedures.
- Takes vital signs or observes patient to detect response to specified types of medications and prepares report or notifies designated personnel of unexpected reactions.
- Documents reasons prescribed drugs are not administered.
- Records and restock medication inventories.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects the facility by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Nursing Supervisor.
- High School education or GED
- Training of medication administration
- Minimum 1 yr experience in a chemical dependency facility preferred
- Must have one year continuing freedom from chemical use problems
- CNA, PCA, HHA or TMA experience preferred
- 20 days of paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) –with employer match
- Passionate co-workers
- Tuition reimbursement
- A job with a sense of purpose as you help people on their path to recovery
We owe our success to the passion, commitment and expertise of our staff. Our licensed and experienced staff takes the role of coach/teacher, providing support and encouragement from the heart. Come join us and see the difference you’ll make!
Meridian Behavioral Health provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.