Metro Sales Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Metro Sales Inc
If you don't see yourself working behind a desk and would rather work outdoors, then consider the transportation industry. Start your rewarding career here at Metro Sales delivering office equipment in the greater Twin Cities area. You will be playing a critical role to satisfy the needs of our customers and drive our company's success. You will be trained to safely operate a medium duty dock truck and at the same time gain valuable experience. No CDL license required. We are looking for enthusiastic people who are up for a challenge. Our work week is Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 3:30 pm with some overtime. No weekends. You depart from our corporate office and return to our corporate office each day. NO overnight travel. We offer a full range of benefits and competitive pay which you would expect from a leading company.
- Pay up to $21 per hour
- $1500 Signing Bonus
- Home every night
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401K and profit sharing
- Life insurance
- Employee Referral Program
- Motivating, challenging, and creative work environment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Safely operate a medium duty truck, (<26000lbs) to delivery office copier equipment.
- Ensure equipment is properly configured and is loaded properly and secured for transport.
- Responsibility for the pre and post trip DOT inspections and reports deficiencies to the supervisor.
- Maintains electronic log books in accordance with DOT regulations.
- Ensure paperwork is signed by the customer and is turned into the delivery coordinator.
- Coordinate routine truck maintenance.
- Transport equipment between warehouses.
- Follow accident reporting guidelines and adhere to the Metro Sales vehicle policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Working Conditions: includes warehouses, trucks, customer sites
Work Hours: Monday-Friday 7AM - 3:30PM with frequent weekday overtime
About Metro Sales:
Since we began serving our markets in 1969, we've grown to become one of the largest office systems dealers in the Midwest. Whether you're a customer with a single machine or large enterprise with a networked fleet of systems, Metro Sales provides technology, products, supplies, services, and consultative know-how to help you achieve your business goals.
Metro Sales Vision:
We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities. Join us and discover a work experience where diverse ideas are met with enthusiasm, and where you can learn and grow to your full potential.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for Delivery Driver:
- Enthusiastic person with a positive disposition is the most important requirement.
- Must be able to work independently
- Current class D drivers license with a clear driving record
- Lift or push up to 70 lbs.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must possess or be able to acquire a DOT health certificate
- Ability to work overtime.
- Previous stair climber experience a plus.
- This position requires frequent overtime, Monday through Friday, with Saturdays and Sundays off
Required Experience for Delivery Driver:
- Must be at least 21 years of age as required by the Federal Department of Transportation
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Eligibility to drive a commercial vehicle according to FMCSR regulations.
- Prefer one year medium duty truck driving experience