Michael Foods, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Michael Foods, inc.
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that’s First in Food.
The Maintenance Manager has the responsibility to comply with Safety work rules at all times as well as an obligation to reinforce Safety as a Core Value. Ensures that all policies, procedures and activities, related to Food Safety & Quality, are followed and complied with uniformly, in an effort to reduce product and process variability. Ensures regulatory Compliance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assumes personal responsibility to insure safe and healthy workplace for everyone. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures and, incorporate safety and health in all jobs and tasks. Insures regulatory compliance.
- Supervision and management of the entire maintenance department.
- Manage and administer SAP Maintenance Computer System ensuring work orders and PMs are performed accurately, effectively, and timely.
- Manage, organize, and prepare reporting on preventative and predictive maintenance to ensure that plant equipment is operating at optimal efficiency.
- Responsible for identifying equipment & automation needs, cost justifying, compiling specifications, ordering, and overseeing installing new equipment in accordance with internal procedures and regulatory requirements (USDA, FDA, OSHA, etc.).
- Actively participate in the PSM Program.
- Plan and manage capital budgets ensuring that spending is consistent with financial planning requirements and ensure proper cost allocations.
- Plan and manage operational budget for maintenance department ensuring spending is consistent with financial plan.
- Provides a safe work environment for employees.
- Recognizes and takes steps to resolve operating problems in order to minimize their impact on the operations.
- Cooperates with all departments to assure a coordinated work relationship exists at all times.
- Maintain and improve upon record keeping ensuring that the info is current, correct, and complete.
- Enforces company policies in a fair and consistent manner.
- Encourages suggestions from employees which will improve production, quality, safety and/or control costs of production.
- Keeps senior management informed on operating and/or staffing problems which may require their attention or knowledge.
- Expected to adhere to safe work practices becoming of a VPP Star worksite, follow GMP and HACCP guidelines, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained in order to maintain SQF Level 3 certification.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or Engineering, at least 5 years maintenance management experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing principles preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of basic mechanics, welding, electrical, fabrication, preventative maintenance, plant operations, government environmental and safety regulations.
- Refrigerated foods processing and packaging
- Food safety and sanitation principles (GMP, SQF)
- State and Federal rules and regulations (USDA, FDA, OSHA, etc.)
- Knowledge of plant operations and production scheduling
- Supervising personnel in a manufacturing environment
- Communication and interpersonal relations as applied to interaction with co-workers, supervisors, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Be able to recognize problem situations and take appropriate steps to resolve.
- Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) Auto CAD and inventory control computer programs (SAP)
- Advancement planning of direct reports.
- Leadership and team skills (interpersonal, leading teams, communication)
- Good written and verbal communication skills, able to make detailed presentations and present them to upper levels of management. Managing employees and production operations
- Able to supervise department personnel in a fair and consistent manner.