Michael Foods, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Michael Foods, inc.
This position reports to the Storeroom Supervisor and requires previous storeroom experience. The Storeroom Lead is responsible for pulling and kitting of both inventoried and direct purchased parts for planned work orders for the Maintenance Mechanics. The position will support the Storeroom, the Planner, Mechanics and Maintenance Supervisors. This position will have key administrative responsibilities which includes supporting the Maintenance organization with administrative/ clerical support. This position will have a direct influence tracking of MFI Maintenance Key performance indicators. Candidate must be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision, work within set deadlines, ability to work with team members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote, and foster Michael Foods culture, values and principles
- Participate in company functions.
- Must observe and practice all Department/Plant Procedures including wearing required PPE
- Adherence to plant safety, food Safety, sanitation standards, and following all GMP guidelines.
- Search Daily for work orders to have parts kitted for mechanic.
- Daily acquire parts and build kits, deliver kits to specified area.
- Receive parts, kit as delivered, update work order status in accordance to work flow chart.
- Issue parts from the work order after inventoried items have been pulled and kitted.
- Return unused parts from kits back into inventory utilizing SAP.
- Utilize a computerized maintenance system (SAP) for history and parts inventory.
- Assist in cycle counting as assigned.
- Assist in Goods receiving from UPS, FedEx and other deliveries.
- Assist in delivering received goods to different departments throughout the plant.
- Assist in other assigned tasks in the Storeroom.
- Maintenance Admin Responsibilities (i.e. Weekly Manpower Schedule)
- Attend meetings, be a scribe, and distribute minutes to appropriate personnel
- Labor & Maintenance Spend Tracking
- Maintenance SOP/Documentation Management including development, update & revision tracking
- KPI Tracking: Track, Monitor, Follow-up and document all necessary KPI data.
- Maintenance Process Audit preparation & Track audit follow-up through action log
- Capital Project Support
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to read and interpret various forms of documents and translate the data into a computerized inventory control system.
- Prior Storeroom and Admin experience
- Competent in using Microsoft Office, Excel & CMMS System (Preferably SAP)
- Good math, oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to endure on a daily basis, excessive walking, standing, crouching, lifting(excess of 60lbs), twisting climbing and reaching
- Ability to be flexible and shift priorities in a constantly changing, fast-paced work environment.
- Highly effective multi-tasker; resourceful with a “get-it-done, can-do” attitude and a self-starter.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with all team peers and customers.
- Ability to organize and Maintain accurate records and data.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and may not include all of the responsibilities or duties required.