Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Kitchen Production Manager
at Mississippi Market
- 09-Nov-2018 to 08-Jan-2019 (CST)
- Central Kitchen
- St Paul, MN, USA
- Full Time
Work for the friendliest store and help support a sustainable, local food system.
Mississippi Market, St. Paul's premier natural and organic food cooperative, celebrates the joy of eating locally, healthfully, and responsibly.
We're consumer owned and controlled and have been since we opened in 1979. We offer high quality, fair-priced goods and services, while working toward a sustainable local economy and global environment and promoting the cooperative principles.
Mississippi Market is hiring for a Production Manager
We need an experienced Production Manager to lead this critical part of our business in our Central Kitchen. This position oversees production, guarantees the high quality and consistency of food, maintains appropriate costs and pricing, keeps operating budgets and inventory within established goals, and hires, trains, coaches, and develops staff. Essential physical functions include the ability to work standing for long periods of time, fine motor skills, and the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
740 East 7th Street
Saint Paul, MN 55106
Schedule: Shifts vary but may include day, evening, and weekend hours.
- Provide prompt and efficient internal and external customer service, responding promptly to concerns and comments; treat people fairly and in a friendly manner.
- Contribute to building a positive work environment.
- Hire qualified staff within established policies.
- Ensure direct reports are trained in all procedures necessary to accomplish their job efficiently and effectively.
- Develop and maintain performance standards for direct reports.
- Mentor direct reports and help them develop in appropriate areas.
- Provide timely, thorough and thoughtful performance evaluations to direct reports.
- Take corrective counseling measures and/or disciplinary action as needed following established personnel policies.
- Conduct regular department meetings.
Programming and Menu Planning:
- Launch new programs and initiatives in coordination with Central Kitchen Production, cafe operations, and marketing.
- Work with Operations, Deli Managers, and Purchasing teams to manage product categories and plan for category growth.
- Oversee implementation of the methods, SOP's, etc.
- Monitor and audit compliance with all health regulations and SOP's.
Food Safety and Compliance:
- Ensure SOP's on safe food handling procedures are in place in the Cafe's and Production Kitchen.
- HCCP Plan in place meeting all requirements.
- Audit work procedures and production methods to determine any improvements in production and/or safety.
- Investigate and resolve any complaints regarding food service quality.
- Ensure that all food produced has required labeling, meeting all local, State, and Federal codes and requirements.
- Ensure the accuracy of labeling, ingredients and dating and on all products.
- Adherence to purchasing policies.
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Minimum of 5 years management/supervisory and cooking experience in a large quantity food production, onsite catering, or banquet facilities, including hiring, training, coaching and evaluating staff
- Analytical ability and proficiency in math
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated objectivity, neutrality, calmness
- Personal integrity regarding confidentiality and proprietary information
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple demands, work under time pressures and meet deadlines
- Ability to implement and maintain systems and procedures
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to appropriately delegate work duties, manage and motivate staff
- Willingness to be open, to learn and to take on new responsibilities
- Regular, predictable attendance
- Intermediate computer skills including Windows, Word, Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- English proficiency
- Multi-lingual a plus
Please provide a cover letter and resume with your application.