Our client designs and develops temperature sensing, controlling, and heating electronics as well as flexible circuits for a wide variety of applications from aerospace and defense, medical devices and much more. In this role, you will design new products and custom solutions. You’ll have the opportunity to work directly with customers, partnering with them on new designs as well as working with internal engineering teams. This is a direct hire position with our client offering competitive pay, benefits and work is in an environment fostering creativity and technological challenge. Located in a northern Twin Cities suburb.
- Partner with customers on new custom product development initiatives
- Work with Sales and Marketing Engineers on new product requirements gathering, quoting and feasibility projects
- Apply mechanical design and manufacturing principles related to new product development for defense and aerospace products
- Design products to meet requirements and timelines
- Coordinate communications within the plant and the customer
- Prepare and present project proposals to external customers to communicate design ideas and modifications
- Participate in design, process, and continuous improvement projects
- Meet with engineering or production staff as required to complete projects
- Lead teams regarding documentation, quotes, first runs, inspection, and related areas, develop and review a variety of reports, documents, and tests, and adjust operations or activities as needed.
- Respond to questions and concerns from technicians, customers and suppliers; investigate design, quality, pricing, and related concerns
- Interpret and apply department policies and procedures and applicable laws, rules, and regulations; ensure compliance with these areas
- Develop displays, articles, and product concepts for trade shows, industry presentations, and related communications
- Assist with mentoring and training a group of engineers in design procedures, design and customer history, technology and material function, processes, and interdepartmental contacts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Three plus years of design engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Three plus years of experience working directly with external customers
- Willing to travel (most often domestically, but also to Asia and Europe), typically 10-20%
- Demonstrated experience and a good understanding of defense and aerospace regulations and standards (S-311-P-079, MIL-STD-202,MIL-I-45208, NASA-STD-8739).
- Strong working knowledge of designing in SolidWorks (Advanced Part Modeling, Assemblies, Drawings, etc.), or experience with other similar 3D CAD / parametric modeling software.
- Strong working knowledge of DOE and Capability Study
- Strong graphics/visual aide creation skills
- Proficient with Minitab or Design Expert
- Understanding of Design for Manufacturability
- Understanding and practical application of FMEA
- Understanding of metal fabrication (Machining, Casting, Sheet Metal, Welding, etc.)
- Understanding of flex circuit or flexible heater design and manufacturing processes
- Experience with lean principles
For immediate consideration apply online.