Our customer is the industry leading manufacturer of concrete pumping equipment. They have an immediate need for a Boom Inspector for their field service department. This is for the Central region of US, ideally candidate will live in IL., IA., MN., WI. This position requires travel to customer sites. This is a full time salaried position with full benefits. Work Truck provided.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform welding repairs on structural members that include booms, outriggers, pedestals and all supporting structures,
- Maintain a clean safe work area
- Supply photo documentation of discontinuity before and after repair and submit along with any other relevant documentation
- Perform a complete and thorough boom inspection
- Use dye-penetrate or mag-particle test as needed
- Check all bearings, bushings, pins, gear lash and bearing tipping to make sure they are all within tolerance
- Make travel arrangements as required.
- Order repair parts and materials as needed.
- Provide technical assistance as needed.
- Complete and submit all required paperwork in a timely manner
Standing, bending, stretching, kneeling while doing inspections and repairs.
- Perform stationary work 5% of the time using a computer and other applicable office equipment
- Travel and perform inspection/repairs 95% of the time in all climates and weather conditions.
- Degree in welding, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Must have knowledge in International weld symbols
- Qualified to Company inspector standards
- Qualified to Company certified welder standards
- Must be capable of passing Jaeger Eye examination, annually
- Possess a high degree of interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office products, SAP, and online applications
For immediate consideration call Mike at 763-561-1061, email resume to email@example.com