NuStar Energy L.P.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at NuStar Energy L.P.
Job Description:This position will be based in Roseville, MN. This position is subject to both pre-employment and random DOT drug testing. This position is responsible for field welding, shop welding and other non-welding activities such as pipeline maintenance, pipe wrapping, CP support and construction management support. Responsibilities include:
•Terminal /pipeline asset repairs involving but not limited to wrapping/coating of pipe, main line pumping units, buried pipe, terminal and their support system.
•Operating hand tools
•Assisting in line locating, pigging and line locating
•Light Vehicle Maintenance
•Fire watch and ditch maintenance
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required
- Intermediate skill level in welding
- One year of direct experience in working with pipeline terminals operating systems or in a related industry or have other industry related experience that shows maturity and safe work habits in an industrial environment
- Competence in math
- Must be able to read blueprints and other construction documentation and create as built drawings
- Must be able to use various power and hand tools
- Must be willing to accommodate overnight travel (70%)
- Must be familiar with safe hot work practices, confined space regulations and DOT pipeline safety regulations
- Must be required to independently support pipeline/terminal welding and maintenance activities which includes becoming certified to weld per API 1104 and API 1107.
- DOT Operator Qualification will be required following employment
- Must be able and willing to respond to callouts and emergencies after hours including weekends and holidays
- Must be able and willing to work hours outside normal business hours as scheduled and required by management
- Must be able to work independently as well as with others
- Must be a self-starter and willing to adapt to rapidly changing conditions
- Computer experience preferred
- Initiative and organization abilities for meeting deadlines and establishing priorities required
- 70% travel is expected.
To be considered for this position, applicants must apply directly through NuStar’s career site at www.nustarenergy.com/careers.
A CDL License is required for this position.
When a higher-level position exists candidates with greater qualifications may be considered for the position.
It takes great employees to make a great company and NuStar has the best employees in the world. The company has recruited and retained an outstanding workforce because NuStar is a great place to work. In fact, the company has made FORTUNE’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list for nine consecutive years.
In addition to that honor, NuStar has been named the No. 1 best large company to work for in Texas by Texas Monthly magazine and was named a top employer through local media competitions in San Antonio, Texas, Wichita, Kansas, and the Coastal Bend region of Texas. This recognition is particularly noteworthy considering that these honors are based primarily on confidential employee surveys.
NuStar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. When a higher level position exists candidates with greater qualifications may be considered for the position.