Planned Parenthood - Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Float Nurse Practitioner
at Planned Parenthood - Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota
Float Nurse Practitioner
Twin Cities Metro
Planned Parenthood North Central States
Float Nurse Practitioner – Twin Cities Metro & Greater MN
$1500 Hiring Bonus!
Starting Wage $47.00/hour + $4/hour Float Differential
At Planned Parenthood North Central States (PPNCS), we believe all people deserve the right, the freedom and the opportunity to follow their personal ambitions and choose their own path toward a healthier, more meaningful life. That’s why we protect, promote and provide comprehensive and progressive sexual and reproductive health care for generations of young people and families with empathy, care and respect. We are looking for passionate, dedicated staff who are eager to make positive contributions to their community and to the Planned Parenthood mission.
Under general administrative supervision of the Clinic Manager, clinical supervision of and collaboration with the Director of Clinical Practice and Medical Director, the Nurse Practitioner provides clinical services, including reproductive health care, to patients at designated PPNCS clinic(s). Nurse Practitioners are advocates in implementing our mission of “Affirming the human right to reproductive health and freedom.” Perform other related as assigned.
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The Nurse Practitioner practices according to the PPNCS MS&G and as indicated by the patient’s status; APN practice includes the following:
- Obtains pertinent patient history and performs a physical exam, as indicated by the visit type.
- Recognizes and addresses deviations from normal.
- Performs, orders, and interprets both screening and diagnostic testing; addresses abnormal findings.
- Develops plan, which may include treatment, medical or other referrals, and/or prescribing of medications.
- Provides patient instruction regarding plan of care, preventive education, and health promotion and maintenance.
- Consults with Medical Director or clinician on-call as indicated.
- Obtains informed consent when indicated.
- Collaborates with the health care team and other community agencies and resources, as indicated.
- Assesses interventions and/or referral progress as indicated.
- Documents accurately and clearly.
- Supervises clinic support staff regarding routine patient orders.
- Collaborates with Clinic Manager to meet clinic goals, productivity benchmarks, and assigned tasks.
- Provides customer focused care and assures smooth and efficient patient and clinic flow processes.
- Interprets scientific studies based on knowledge of basic research principals; Provides input and current information for the on-going process of protocol development.
- Stays up-to-date on reproductive health care developments and maintains CEU requirements for required licensure and certification.
- Meets quality assurance requirements, including the appropriate dispensing of medications.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and meets compliance requirements, including HIPPA.
- Meets coding and documentation requirements.
- Possesses basic comprehension and skills of PPNCS clinic computer technology as it relates specifically to the Nurse Practitioner role.
- Recognizes ethical, legal and professional issues inherent in providing reproductive health care.
- Communicates clinical and professional issues and questions to the Director of Clinical Practice.
- Follows protocol and training requirements for expanding scope of practice and/or learning new procedures, i.e. colposcopy, IUD insertion.
- Works to ensure understanding and acceptance of the APN PPNCS role with colleagues, consumers, and the community.
- Follows PPNCS Policies and Procedures.
- Appropriately supervises RNs who are qualified to utilize the Standing Orders and RN Condition-Specific Protocol at PPNCS in Minnesota Only. Appropriately supervises support staff (MAs and LPNs) in the utilization of Standing Orders.
- Prescribe all FDA approved methods of birth control.
- Provide medication abortion follow up or refer patients for medical abortion.
- Refer patients for surgical abortion, prenatal care or adoption services.
- Counsel HIV+ clients.
- Assist physicians with evaluation of medication abortion patients
*Retention Bonus Eligible*
Planned Parenthood NCS offers annual retention bonuses to Nurse Practitioners who qualify. Bonuses are paid out as follows:
1 year = $1000
3 years = $2500
5 years = $3500
10 years (and every 5 years after) = $5000
Planned Parenthood North Central States supports people of all ages in making responsible choices and planning their futures. We are an organization committed to creating and fostering an environment that leads to engaged employees, and we believe engaged employees results in satisfied customers and exceptional experiences. When you work for Planned Parenthood you make a difference in the lives of those we serve by affirming the human right to reproductive health and freedom.
Planned Parenthood is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce that effectively employs the skills and talents of all employees in our organization. All applicants will receive consideration regardless of their race, color, creed, sex, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, age, veteran status, marital status, religion, sexual orientation, size, disability, socioeconomic status or status with regard to public assistance. We encourage diverse candidates to apply for this position. AA/EEO
Full-time, 32 hours/week. Schedule will include M-F and every 3rd Saturday rotations. Availability from 8:00am-9:00pm desired.
This position is eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, long-term disability, life insurance, PTO, extended illness leave, volunteer time off, paid holidays, and 403(b) retirement plan.
The Float Nurse Practitioner (APN) must be available to work weekday and weekend shifts.
If scheduling availability is met, the Float APN will be paid up to their scheduled hours; FTE hours commitments will be met on a pay period basis, provided that the availability criteria are met. If shifts are unavailable then, whenever possible, other projects may be assigned at any of the clinics in the PPNCS system or remote work such as chart purges, data entry, or audit work to fulfill the hours commitment to the extent feasible.
- Current state license as a Registered Nurse and APN
- National Certification as an Advanced Practice Nurse, i.e. Women’s Health Care, Adult or Family Practice NP, through the National Certification Corporation (NCC), or as a Certified Nurse–Midwife through the American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM)
- Any additional requirements for practice/prescriptive authority in MN or SD
- Any additional requirements to be credentialed by third party payors, i.e. Master’s Degree
- Current CPR certification
- One-year clinical experience in reproductive or family health care
- Experience working with high risk minority populations
- Bilingual language skills
Any job offer will be contingent upon the results of an updated background investigation.