Power Engineers Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Power Engineers Inc
Facilities Process Group
Food Process Drafter
Job Summary of Roles and Responsibilities:
Do you desire to have excellent opportunity to showcase and expand your skills in design and leadership and to become a recognized leader in the industry? Do you want to come home to the vibrant Minneapolis/St. Paul area of Minnesota? If you do, POWER Engineers has a career path for you. We are looking for the right person to fill our current Drafter opening in Burnsville, Minnesota. You can help continue our 20+ year growth in the industry.
Your career at POWER will provide you an opportunity to work on continuous processing systems with an emphasis in the Food & Beverage Industry. You will utilize your expertise to help companies ranging from small startup firms to large multinational firms. You will have the opportunity to work on all phases of a project, from the initial concept through the installation and commissioning of new lines, along with upgrades to existing production lines. Your unique skills will our clients change and adapt their facilities and systems to meet the dynamic changes in their markets.
The Facilities Division of POWER engineers is a full service consulting engineering firm that specializes and is a leader in the Food & Beverage, Federal, and Industrial facility design.
CAD work updating and creating the following process systems drawings:
- Process Flow Diagrams (PFD's)
- Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID's)
- General equipment plans and elevations
Other responsibilities include
- Utilize and follow specific codes, reference material, CAD standards
- Ability to use application software effectively with a high level of detail and accuracy
- Ability to interpret engineers and designers notes and sketches and create detailed working drawings based on these notes
- The successful candidate must also be able to multi-task and work under deadlines
- Associates Degree in Drafting (or equivalent technical degree)
- 3+ years drafting experience with AutoDesk Products
- Microsoft Word and Excel experience
- Good background in mathematics
- Experience working with scales
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Able to travel to customer sites at least 25%.
- Knowledge of equipment and plant layout drawings
- GPA of 3.2 or above
- AutoCAD 3D experience
- REVIT experience
At POWER Engineers, Inc. you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diverse and unique initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. We encourage new ideas and fresh approaches and most importantly, we strive to be our clients’ first choice. These traits – and deep technical skill – account for our success.
Have fun, do good work, make money. As an employee-owned company, we strive to make POWER Engineers an appealing place to work, where we perform projects that we find challenging and in which we excel. We provide competitive compensation, a full benefit package, professional development, and an appealing work environment. POWER Engineers is a unique and fun engineering firm, which may be contradictory to some, but it works well for us.