Presbyterian Homes & Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Hospice Admissions Nurse
at Presbyterian Homes & Services
- Job ID
- Social Services/Admissions
- Job Location : City
- Job Location : State
- Optage - Hospice
- Full Time
Presbyterian Homes & Services - Optage Hospice program is seeking a Admissions Nurse to join its team. We are seeking a Registered Nurse who wishes to be a part of a care team that can adapt its priorities and work routines to support personal preferences of residents.
This is a Full Time position which includes working Monday through Friday, and participating in an on call and holiday rotation.
Consider joining our team in providing compassionate and high quality care and services within a caring Christian environment.
REPORTING STRUCTURE: The Hospice Admissions Nurse reports to the Hospice Clinical Administrator.
The Hospice Admission Nurse is responsible for explaining the Optage Hospice Program, benefits, and services to patients and their families/caregivers. The Admission Nurse facilitates and manages all aspect of the hospice admission process including appropriateness for admission, develops an individualized plan of care, related to the patients' needs, in collaboration with the physician, patient, and their families/caregivers. Determines the appropriate utilization of resources based on clinical assessment, regulations and established clinical best practices.
Essential tasks and duties include providing ongoing assessments of physical, psychological, social, and spiritual needs of the patient and family, provide education, supervision and counseling to the client and their family/caregiver regarding care needs as appropriate to client’s needs, providing accurate and appropriate documentation of patient/family services.
- Registered nurse with current licensure with the State Board of Nursing in state(s) in which he/she practices. One year clinical nursing experience preferred. One to Two (1-2) years of experience in Hospice or Home care a plus.
- Ability to work with patients and their caregivers during end of life while in the home, hospital and other facility settings. Shows sensitivity to persons in crisis while demonstrating good listening skills
- Ability to work independently with self-discipline as well as cooperatively as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills including the ability to handle multiple priorities accurately and timely to facilitate client and program needs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of home care or hospice and palliative care clinical practices. Strong knowledge of pain & symptom management preferred.
- Reliable transportation; auto liability insurance per policy plus current and unrestricted driver’s license
- Demonstrated Computer skills: able to document effectively in EMR
- Demonstrated compatibility with PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing a broad array of high quality housing choices, care and service options for older adults. 6,400 employees serve 25,000 older adults through 45 PHS-affiliated senior living communities in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa, and through Optage® home and community services. Established in 1955, PHS has earned the reputation as an innovative leader concerned with promoting independence, vitality and well-being for those they serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With a strong commitment to grow our employees from within, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement, ongoing training, and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.
PHS is an EEO/AA employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.