Presbyterian Homes & Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN Case Manager, Optage Hospice
at Presbyterian Homes & Services
- Job ID
- Job Location : City
- Job Location : State
- Optage - Hospice
- Full Time
Presbyterian Homes & Services - Optage Hospice program is seeking a RN Case Manager to join its West metro team. We are seeking a Registered Nurse who wishes to be a part of a care team that can adapt its priorities and work routines to support personal preferences of residents.
This is a Full Time position which includes working Monday through Friday, and participating in an on call and holiday rotation.
Consider joining our team in providing compassionate and high quality care and services within a caring Christian environment.
The Hospice RN Case Manager ensures quality and safe delivery of hospice services to our clients in their home, skilled nursing facility or assisted living setting.
Our Case Managers work to develop, implement and evaluate the plan of care and make necessary revisions to address all problems. They provide coordination of hospice services, maintaining continuity of client care with other health professionals while identifying interdisciplinary care needs. Case Managers utilize assessment, intervention, and teaching skills to maximize patient comfort and to enhance the quality of life for the patient/family.
Essential tasks and duties include providing ongoing assessments of physical, psychological, social, and spiritual needs of the patient and family, provide education, supervision and counseling to the client and their family/caregiver regarding care needs as appropriate to client’s needs, providing accurate and appropriate documentation of patient/family services.
- Registered nurse with current licensure with the State Board of Nursing in state(s) in which he/she practices.
- BSN preferred.
- A minimum of three years of nursing experience preferred.
- Critical care/oncology, long-term care, or medical/surgical background with strong knowledge of pain and symptom management preferred.
- Hospice/Home Care experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with dying patients and caregivers in the home, hospital, and other facility settings.
- Ability to work as a member of an Interdisciplinary Team.
- Experience with symptom management.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Computer skills helpful.
- Reliable transportation, current driver’s license and current auto insurance.
- Demonstrated compatibility with PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing a broad array of high quality housing choices, care and service options for older adults. 6,400 employees serve 25,000 older adults through 45 PHS-affiliated senior living communities in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa, and through Optage® home and community services. Established in 1955, PHS has earned the reputation as an innovative leader concerned with promoting independence, vitality and well-being for those they serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With a strong commitment to grow our employees from within, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement, ongoing training, and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.
PHS is an EEO/AA employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.