Quality Bicycle Products
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
E-commerce Java Developer
at Quality Bicycle Products
QBP is one of the world’s leading distributors of bicycles, components, and accessories. We sell high quality, well known cycling and outdoor products to independent specialty retailers across the U.S. and throughout the world. We also create some of the best products and brands in the world with a portfolio of 17 proprietary brands including Surly, Salsa, and 45NRTH. In addition to our home office in Bloomington, MN, QBP has distribution centers in Lancaster, PA, Aurora, CO, Reno, NV and Taichung Taiwan. We employ passionate, talented people who consistently deliver great results. QBP cultivates an environment of excellence, emphasizing personal development as a vital factor in our continued success.
Our technology stack consists of modern, tier 1 applications including: SAP ERP, a Hybris and Java B2B e-commerce platform, HighJump WMS, Business Objects BI tools, along with many other supporting systems, infrastructure and tools.
The Java Application Developer is responsible for software development activities related to QBP’s e-commerce platform and related applications and systems. This person serves the e-commerce team in the areas of software design, coding, debugging and technical consulting. The role works closely with the e-commerce applications development team, QBP’s business analysts and the quality assurance team.
This position currently reports to the Director of E-commerce Development, though technical mentoring, feedback, and personal development guidance will be contributed to by the software architect and principal Java developer.
Job Tasks, Responsibilities, Accountabilities:
E-commerce Systems Software Development
- Designing, coding, debugging, unit testing, and documenting large, complex software applications for Customer Service, Sales, and multi-site Distribution Center operations
- Collaborate on technical implementation, assist other developers and consultants in implementation and development.
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance and testers to test applications
- Ensure development deadlines and customer expectations are met
E-commerce Systems Support
- Represent development technology when interacting with clients and business owners to perform problem solving activities, demonstrating knowledge of the feature-set and expected business outcomes
- Interact with user to assess issue impact, gather diagnostic information and communicate timelines for resolution
- Diagnose and fix production issues with technologies not limited to, but including:
- Endeca Search
- SAP ERP
- Available for occasional after hours and weekend support
Effective Team Member
- Plays an active role in developing technical skills and knowledge to be applied in e-commerce development activities
- Participate in frequent review of other developers’ technical work and approach
- Work will extend to interactions with other internal IT teams as well as external teams and partners with minimal to no guidance
- Responsible for communicating effectively with technical, non-technical, and non-SME folks around complex technical topics
- Minimum of 3 years of object-oriented software development experience
- Minimum of 3 years of Java experience (minimum Java 8)
- Minimum of 3 years of Spring experience (Spring Framework, Spring Boot experience required, Spring Cloud/could-based tooling preferred)
- Experience with REST/Json API concepts
- Experience with Git is required
- Familiarity with Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Crucible, Fisheye, Bamboo)
- Experience with Hystrix preferred
- Experience with (b2b) E-commerce preferred
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with Eclipse IDE
- Familiarity with MySQL and SQL Server
- Familiarity with various requirements gathering techniques
- Familiarity with configuration management concepts and tools
- Familiarity with software usability concepts
- Demonstrated strong logical and technical problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn and quickly comprehend new concepts
- Ability to take high-level direction, formulate a plan and execute
- Experience within the Bicycle or Adventure Sports Domain a plus
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Superior ability to work independently and in a group setting
- Proven self-starting initiator
- Ability to work at computer for extended periods of time
Modeling QBP Core Values:
- Act with integrity
- Be a true partner
- Create something special
- Deliver greatness
- Keep the customer first
All candidates are subject to a pre-employment criminal background check and a drug screen. Some applicants may be subject to a credit check as well.