Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc.
- # of Openings
- Fire Consultants
We are currently seeking a P/T Fire Investigator for our Minneapolis office to study, assess, and determine the origin and cause of fires and explosions in residences, commercial/industrial dwellings, vehicles, heavy equipment, marine equipment, and other property. Analyzes fire debris and burn patterns to determine a fire’s origin and cause. Conducts fraud analyses for possible arson-related losses. Prepares detailed written reports of findings that illustrate the conclusions and opinions of the investigation. Works under general supervision, exercising initiative and independent judgment in the performance of assigned tasks. In return for your talent and effort, we offer a flexible work schedule, and opportunities for advancement.
- Determines the origin and cause of structural, equipment, and vehicular fires and explosions.
- Assists in securing the fire/explosion scene to prevent removal or damage of evidence.
- Conducts on-site, hands-on forensic fire analysis. This includes scene photography, interviewing witnesses and gathering information, taking possession of damaged property, cause and origin determination, report preparation, and providing testimony in deposition and trial.
- Searches for, identifies, collects, and labels any evidence of possible arson at the fire scene, including devices used to set, start, or further the progress of fire; protects the chain of custody of evidence.
- Provides technical and scientific support to clients for subrogation and litigation purposes.
- Conducts code compliance research including electrical, gas, and installation code violations.
- Facilitates and helps present continuing education seminars on fire-related topics.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- AAS in Fire Science required.
- Minimum of 10 years of related work experience.
- NAFI, CFEI minimal certification a plus, IAAI,
- CFI certification, or must obtain within 6 months
- Dexterity and stamina is necessary for the physical requirements of the job.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.