Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Prepress Operator - 2nd or 3rd Shift
Once trained, this position would work either 2nd or 3rd shift.
The Prepress Operator performs art recreation, digital page layout and image manipulation functions using desktop software applications.
• Review job ticket instructions to determine requirements of job production.
• Generate proofs according to job ticket instructions.
• Trap files using RIP software and / or Adobe CS applications.
• Participate in planning meetings when necessary.
• Recreate needed artwork and logos. Create digital layout (Electronic Keylining).
• Using appropriate software applications (CS suites, Artpro/Esko, Preps, etc.) prepare files for output.
• Imposition for digital plate lay-up using Kongsberg software.
• QC all work performed following the department SOP’s and using Remote Approval tool. Check off, sign, and date checklists.
• Update manager and/or project managers regarding job status.
• Make sure all time and materials are properly charged to the jobs.
• When handing off jobs to co-workers/next shift, clearly communicate any information for them to complete the job.
• Participate in the quality process by following SOP’s and giving feedback for possible improvement ideas to Department Heads. Attend QC review meetings when asked. Seek feedback for jobs on the list that you had involvement with.
• Participate in weekend “on call” rotation.
• Perform technical troubleshooting concerning job production and software issues.
• Attend Team/Department meetings.
General Location Requirements:
• Comply with all SGS standards and applicable regulations.
• Comply with SGS policies and procedures to maintain a safe work environment.
Educational & Experience Requirements:
• Associate Degree in Graphic Arts/Printing or equivalent experience.
• A minimum of 1-3 years experience using Adobe CS in a prepress environment; 5 plus years of experience preferred.
• Experience working packaging preferred.