Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Founded in 1866, The Sherwin-Williams Company is a global leader in the manufacture, development, distribution, and sale of paints, coatings and related products to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers. The company manufactures products under well-known brands such as Sherwin-Williams®, Valspar®, HGTV HOME® by Sherwin-Williams, Dutch Boy®, Krylon®, Minwax®, Thompson's® Water Seal®, Cabot® and many more. Sherwin-Williams® branded products are sold exclusively through a chain of more than 4,100 company-operated stores and facilities, while the company's other brands are sold through leading mass merchandisers, home centers, independent paint dealers, hardware stores, automotive retailers, and industrial distributors. The company supplies a broad range of highly-engineered industrial and OEM coatings for wood and general industrial, coil, packaging, protective and marine, and transportation applications worldwide. Our 60,000 employees are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to find a career that takes you places.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
Production Manager - Plymouth
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
• To manage a team to ensure that production operations are carried out in the most efficient manner whilst ensuring both internal and external customer requirements are satisfied.
• To ensure the promotion of a continuous improvement culture and high morale. To show consistent improvement in the areas of safety, quality, service and cost.
• To support the Operations Manager's direct reports to ensure they appropriately manage their teams and reward, motive and performance manage where appropriate.
• Ensure a safe working environment with zero recordable injuries in compliance with internal policies and external legislation, through the delivery of key enabling activities (e.g. Near Misses, Safety Observations, timely completion of actions). Ensure that safety and environmental incidents are fully investigated and the appropriate countermeasures established.
• Deliver the production plan, on time and to the correct product quality.
• Ensure investigation to quality incidents and track action completion. Improve equipment and processes to eliminate quality loss. Deal and resolve product rework in a timely fashion.
• Ensure appropriate and accurate performance data is collated. Ensure manufacturing and filling and packaging efficiencies perform as budgeted and deliver improvements in these efficiencies through reduction of losses.
• Continually reduce waste, striving for a reduction in standard waste towards a zero waste loss culture. Ensure accurate stock management.
• To ensure that the leadership and operatives are adequately trained to carry out their duties in a safe and satisfactory manner. To foster their development so that decision making is at the lowest appropriate level.
• Ensure adequate manning levels to enable the factory objectives to be achieved. Manage performance within the team using the Sherwin-Williams policies and procedures to achieve optimal efficiency and operational performance.
• Encourage a “Management by Fact” mindset.
• To ensure that Team Leaders and Operatives are actively involved in improvement initiatives.
• To prepare reports and participate in management and other routine meetings as required.
• To liaise with other personnel and departments to ensure the smooth running of the whole of Plymouth Operations.
• Carry out any other duties deemed appropriate by the Operations Director.
• Degree or equivalent experience
• High standard of Math's and English.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
• Inspirational and strong leadership qualities. Excellent interpersonal, influencing, coaching and negotiating skills.
• A proven track record in managing change within a diverse environment. An articulate communicator both written and verbal.
• Ability to effectively build and manage relationships. Has enthusiasm and patience to develop others.
• Values strong team work.
• Numerically astute with the ability to analyze data and drive the appropriate action.
• Professional and positive attitude with a high standard of work ethics.
• A strong customer focus.
• Passionate about sustaining standards as a base from which to improve. Produces dynamic and creative but appropriate improvement.
• Proficient at producing and presenting proposals and able to demonstrate objective analytical skills and business acumen.
• Good Project management skills.
• Hands on approach and attitude.
• Continuous improvement is a core value.
• Passionate about recognizing good performance and not accepting poor performance.
• Advanced PC skills essential
• Strong financial and commercial awareness essential.
• Excellent excel skills
Who we are –
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.
We are committed to positively promoting equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. All applicants will be considered for employment on the basis of the job requirements and the individual's ability and merits in meeting the requirements.