Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Star Tribune is seeking to hire a Warehouse Lead (Load Lead) for the fleet area of our production facility. We have multiple openings in our Fleet Department, and we are looking for candidates who can start immediately! This fast-paced position is responsible for directing accurate loading of news carts, news/comic pallets, and other freight. You will also be responsible for crew productivity and ensuring accuracy in loading.
Star Tribune remains open as an essential business so that we can keep communities and individuals informed during these unprecedented and uncertain times. Star Tribune will continue to hire for essential positions like this one.
- Comprehend and execute shipping manifests from Star Tribune production and other freight distribution manifests to accomplish loading and shipping processes
- Coordinate with the dispatch, Postproduction, and other department managers to minimize shortages and inconsistencies in shipping manifests
- Track crew loading hours and attendance
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Previous warehouse experience preferred
- Forklift certification or willingness to obtain
Schedule: Full-time. Must be available 2nd and 3rd shifts.
Pay: This is a union position with a starting pay of $17.27/hour
All job offers are contingent on the successful completion of a pre-placement physical, drug screen, employment verification and criminal background check.