Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cub Foods - Full Time Cake Decorator - Maple Grove
at SUPERVALU INC
To providequality bakery products that meet the customer needs, ensures customersatisfaction and a positive shopping experience. Emphasis in this position isto ensure consistent product quality in meeting daily needs in the bakerydepartment. This position requires creativity, attention to detail and on-goingcustomer interaction while maintaining production requirements. This positionrequires knowledge of bakery production and product preparation, food safetyregulations, judgment/decision making, social skills/verbal interaction,memorization, reading, writing and math. Position functions and work hours mayvary according to business needs.
Job Responsibilitiesand Accountabilities:
· Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customerservice by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactionsand treating customers as the most important people in the store.
· Smiles and greets customers in a friendlymanner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designateddepartment or elsewhere in the store.
· Answers the department telephone promptly whencalled upon, and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
· Records cake ordersaccurately and completely. Reviews orders for the day and processesaccordingly.
· Follow approved decoratingstyles and creates new decorations as appropriate, complete productionassignments, ensure consistent quality and accuracy in decorating
· Prepare and wrap bakeryproduct, follow safe food handling and preparation processes, apply icing,glazes, or drizzles as required, prepare cakes; applies decoration asrequested, slice and bag bread and buns.
· Understands and practices proper sanitationprocedures and ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
· Reviews the status and appearance of the foodfor freshness.
· Anticipates product needs for the department ona daily basis.
· Prepares, finishes, and replenishes product asnecessary.
· Checks in product, puts product away, and mayreview invoices.
· Clean all equipment in the Bakery department ona daily basis.
· Responsible for proper inventory control(pricing, stocking, ordering).
· Insures that all food is handled in accordancewith local health department regulations.
· Performs other job related duties and specialprojects as required.
· Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs., carrying upto 50 lbs., pushing/pulling up to 20 pound's, equipment operation (shrink wrap,label machine, bread slicer, knives), turning, bending, repetitive motions(twisting and clipping bags, labeling, wrapping, shrink wrapped items),reaching, standing.
· Mental requirements include good judgment/decisionmaking, memorization, math, reading, basic computer skills.
· Extended exposure to varied temperatures and wetsurfaces
· Must be able to solve arithmetic calculationsinvolving fractions, decimals and percentages.
· Must be able to understand and follow verbal or demonstratedinstructions; request supplies orally or in writing.
· Must have the ability to handle refrigerated andfrozen levels of temperature when retrieving product from freezer
· Must be able to work shifts varying in lengthand times, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Why work at Cub?
Join the exciting, fast-paced store and pharmacyenvironments at Cub. Cub offers career opportunities throughout the Midwest totalented people with the determination to make a difference for our customer.Not only does Cub offer a comprehensive benefits package, it's also a uniqueworkplace where opportunities abound. Cub is a part of the broader SUPERVALUgrocery network that operates grocery retail stores across the United States.
We encourage FRESH thinking, offer an environment ofinclusion and support, and set no boundaries on your achievement!
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!