The Salvation Army In the Midwest
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Salvation Army In the Midwest
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Regular Part-Time
Responsible for performing cleaning, minor maintenance, and ground keeping duties for the corps.
This is a regular part-time position with a work week expectation of 25 hours.
This job description is not all inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential duties of the position. Other duties, responsibilities and tasks may be assigned by corps officer/administrator.
• Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relationships with co-workers and supervisors. This would include but not be limited to such actions: resolution of conflicts in a professional manner; courteous treatment of staff, visitors and clients; respect of others’ property and person, professional and appropriate communication to and about co-workers, supervisors, and subordinates. Support the Mission of The Salvation Army by treating every client, donor, and colleague with respect and dignity, and without discrimination of any kind.
• Keep all maintenance and janitorial supplies in good order.
• Keep all of the equipment clean and in operating condition.
• Replace/repair broken or lost material.
• Inform the office, in writing, when low on supplies so that more might be ordered.
• Be sure to replace all mops and brooms with the head upward and in their proper place.
• Keep janitor’s room in orderly and clean fashion.
• All equipment and supplies should be kept in janitor’s’ room.
• Wash blinds, windows, and walls with prescribed solutions.
• Report property and safety concerns to supervisor.
• Maintain outside property such as landscape, sidewalks, and flag poles.
• Perform custodial related duties necessary to maintain cleanliness and sanitary conditions.
• Follow custodian specific schedule/task list as assigned by Business Administrator and/or Corps Officers.
• Complete minor maintenance (i.e. filter changes for furnace).
• Care of Corps vehicles (i.e., fueling, washing, taking van for routine maintenance).
• Assist as needed in Red Kettle Campaign.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma with two years custodial experience.
• Must be able to follow instructions, regularly lift and move 50 pounds.
• Possess a positive attitude, works well with others, be trustworthy, especially in confidential matters and be well organized and efficient.
• Valid Driver's License. (Must meet the guidelines provided by the State of residence and the automobile insurance provider as pertaining to corps’ passenger vans/buses.)
• Must pass The Salvation Army background checks and meet the MVR driver’s qualifications.
• Willingness to support the philosophy, goals, and objectives of The Salvation Army.
• It must be understood by the incumbent that the provisions of Safe From Harm will apply upon commencement of employment and also understood that the required Safe From Harm training be satisfactorily completed within the first thirty (30) days of employment.