Twin Cities Orthopedics
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Surgical Technologist **Sign-On Bonus**
at Twin Cities Orthopedics
Surgical Technologist is a person specifically trained to assist the professional staff of the OR in the delivery of optimum quality care to the patients. Full-time, part-time and casual positions available at our Edina and Chaska locations.
- Assist the circulating nurse and other team members in obtaining the equipment and supplies for the scheduled procedure.
- Assists the circulating nurse and other team members in preparing the surgical suite for the day’s procedures.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and skills of the special needs for various age groups including child, adolescent, adult and geriatric when selecting resources and scrubbing for the surgical procedures. Demonstrates knowledge and skills in providing patient care within their skill level for patients of all states of development.
- Prepares sterile instrument table(s), checking instruments and supplies for cleanliness and proper function.
- Checks that all needed instruments and supplies are available, the sets to be used are complete with no necessary items missing prior to the incision.
- Creates and maintains an aseptic surgical environment throughout the intraoperative process.
- Assists the surgeon(s) and other surgical team members with all phases of the surgical procedure.
- Applies knowledge of surgical procedures to anticipate the needs of the surgeon(s) throughout the intraoperative phase.
- Labels medications in compliance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates competency to operate all specialty instruments, supplies and equipment unique to the Operating Room for all types of surgical procedures.
- Ensures that the specimen(s) obtained during the course of the procedure are handled according to policies and procedures.
- Cleans and returns to the proper location specialty instruments and equipment used during the day’s cases prior to the end of the shift.
- Assists with the cleaning of the Operating Room between cases and after the last care of the day.
- Initiates cleaning and restocking of all work areas, assist with putting supplies away.
- Performs activities in a timely manner so as not to cause delays, inconvenience or confusion within the work group.
- Takes the initiative to maintain a current, basic level of proficiency for all types of surgical procedures performed in this operating room.
- Assists the circulating nurse during major surgical procedures with activities appropriate to their skill level.
- Actively participates as a team member.
- Decontaminates, inspects and prepares for terminal sterilization instruments used during surgical procedures.
- Meets goals set during previous evaluation within the time frame designated.
- Flexible with the staffing needs of the ambulatory surgery center(s.)
- Accountable to reporting occurrences through the center’s established occurrence reporting process related to employee and/or patient/visitor events.
- Fosters the developmental and educational process of self, colleagues, orientees and students (includes functioning as a preceptor).
- Participates in acceptable continuing education, fostering career and skill development including meeting departmental continuing education requirements.
- Assists in managing controllable costs by the proper, non-wasteful use of Surgery Center resources.
- Actively participates in Quality projects, as applicable. Identifies issues & assists in collection of data for Quality purposes. Contributes ideas for improvement.
- Contributes personally to the “team oriented” environment by demonstrating cooperative, constructive, problem-solving interaction with all Surgery Center employees.
- Participates in department/team meetings.
- Any and all other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School graduate with satisfactory completion of an Operating Room Technician program or an acceptable secondary degree from a University or College in the Healthcare Field.
- Certification: Recommend successful completion of the National Exam for Operating Room Technicians.
- Experience: One year of Operating Room experience in the last 3-5 years preferred.
- Recommended: Current member of the A.S.T.
- Special Skills: Must have the ability to work quickly in an orderly fashion. Must be able to work well under stress.
- Current certification in basic CPR for Healthcare Professionals (BLS) or completed upon hire.
- Comply with company policies, procedures, practices and business ethics guidelines.
- Complete job required training.
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations, (e.g. HIPAA, Stark, OSHA, employment laws, etc.)
- Work in the surgery center during business hours
- Travel independently throughout the surgery center (which may include movement from floor to floor); frequent bending, lifting, stooping or sitting for long periods of time may be required
- Work at an efficient and productive pace, handle interruptions appropriately and meet deadlines
- Converse in a respectful and professional manner
- Prioritize workload while being flexible to meet the expectations of the daily operations
- Apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Understand and execute a variety of instructions
- Effectively operate equipment and communicate using the phone system
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Travel to other work locations, if required
Performance Expectations – Revo Health’s Core Values:
- Integrity - Do the right thing and take responsibility for what you do and say
- Service - Consistently contribute to deliver an exceptional experience
- Quality - Act with high purpose, committed effort, and skillful execution to exceed expectations
- Innovation - Identify progressive solutions that improve service, teamwork, efficiency, and/or effectiveness
- Teamwork - Be a part of the whole; support each other positively
- Surgery center setting
Twin Cities Orthopedics partners with a management services company, Revo Health, along with other healthcare groups to deliver exceptional patient care. This position will be employed through Revo Health, working closely with Twin Cities Orthopedics.
- The knowledge, skills, abilities & traits (KSATs) listed on this job description are typically acquired through the levels of education and experience listed. However, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience, which provide an applicant with the listed KSATs to perform the essential functions and requirements of the job, is acceptable.
- Revo Health is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer and will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the ADA Amendments Act of 2008.
- This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential job functions are subject to modification.