Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounting Manager - Minnetonka, MN
at UnitedHealth Group
- Lead a team of 2-3 staff accountants
- Act as Accounting SME for Member and Group premium billing system for M&R segment
- Participate and lead cross functional team initiatives
- Develop, implement and maintain processes and procedures for accurate and timely analysis of financial data, ensuring best practices
- Develop and maintain internal control structure and procedures for financial reporting
- Resolve high level financial reporting issues
- Manage the audit process and work with outside auditors regarding accounting and reporting issues
- Oversee the preparation and analysis of internal and external reporting ensuring the quality, reliability and timeliness of the reports
- Provide operational and technical accounting expertise to ensure compliance with GAAP, Company policies, rules, regulation and laws
- Summarize findings on the monthly, quarterly or annual reports to senior management, auditors and regulators
- Coordinates and supports the Company's strategic and operational planning
- Support various special projects as required
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
5+ years demonstrated progression in financial reporting and analysis
- Intermediate level of working knowledge of GAAP; ability to effectively use accounting knowledge to collaborate with varying levels of employees and senior management to drive sound business decisions
Expert level of proficiency with Excel, Word, and other financial reporting tool
Should be comfortable working with data mining tools such as SAS, Access and or SQL.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Advanced analytical and information gathering skills; ability to evaluate and prioritize extensive detailed data
Demonstrated ability to lead and drive multiple requests, assessing priorities and achieving solutions under deadlines
- CPA/CMA (active or inactive) or equivalent
- Experience working with PeopleSoft Suite (AP/GL/Query)
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Experience working with relational data bases
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.