Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Director, Physician Contracting - Minnetonka, MN
at UnitedHealth Group
Expanding access to affordable, high quality health care starts here. This is where some of the most innovative ideas in health care are created every day. This is where bold people with big ideas are writing the next chapter in health care. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Associate Director, Physician Contracting develops the provider network (physicians, hospitals, pharmacies, ancillary groups & facilities, etc.) yielding a geographically competitive, broad access, stable network that achieves objectives for unit cost performance and trend management, and produces an affordable and predictable product for customers and business partners. Physician Contracting Associate Directors evaluate and negotiate contracts in compliance with company contract templates, reimbursement structure standards, and other key process controls. Responsibilities also include establishing and maintaining strong business relationships with Hospital, Physician, Pharmacy, or Ancillary providers, and ensuring the network composition includes an appropriate distribution of provider specialties. We are building a commercial network in Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota.
- Predict emerging customer needs and develop innovative solutions to meet them
- Solve unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
- Participate in the development of business strategy
- Apply network configuration and incentive - based payment models as appropriate to improve quality and efficiency
- Develop and manage business plans to achieve objectives
- Lead large, complex projects to achieve key business objectives
- Translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Influence senior leadership to adopt new ideas, products, and/or approaches
- May have segment - wide impact
- Direct cross-functional and / or cross - segment teams
- Bachelors degree or 5 years of equivalent experience
- 8+ years experience in a network management - related role handling complex network providers with accountability for business results
- 5+ years experience in contributing to the development of product pricing and utilizing financial modeling in making rate decisions
- 5+ years experience with provider contracting
- Supervisory experience
- Expert level of knowledge reimbursement methodologies such as Resource Based Relative Value System (RBRVS), DRGs, Ambulatory Surgery Center Groupers, etc.
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to speak clearly and concisely, conveying complex or technical information in a manner that others can understand, as well as ability to understand and interpret complex information form others, including but not limited to reimbursement policy standards
- Strong interpersonal skills, establishing rapport and working well with others
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good. Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed. Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: network management, product pricing, provider contracting, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota