University of St. Thomas
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technology & Reference Desk Assistant
at University of St. Thomas
- Number of Openings
- Closing Date
- Open Until Filled
- Type of Search
- Who May Apply
- This position is open to currently enrolled, degree-seeking students at the University of St. Thomas.
- Information Technology Services - ITS
- US-MN-Minneapolis & St. Paul
Job Title: Technology & Reference Desk Assistant
Shifts: Any hours between 7:30 am and as late as 2:00am
Locations: Minneapolis & St Paul Campus
ITS Support Services is looking for you to join our confident customer-service oriented team of Technology and Research Desk Assistants. This position will provide valuable customer-service, tech support, and reference help to support the University of St. Thomas community's technology needs in the libraries, public computer labs, and Dougherty Family College lab as well as providing you with the experience to improve your communication, research, and computer skills for future careers.
Interested applicants do NOT need to have a major in Computer Science or Engineering. We are searching for people with well-rounded computer experience, strong interpersonal skills, and a positive attitude. Tutoring, trainer and volunteer experiences are a plus. Other characteristics we look for are: ambition, enthusiasm, initiative, and integrity. Never underestimate your abilities or chances. We encourage everyone to apply.
- Assist everyone with technology related questions.
- Assist students with research questions in the absence of a research librarian.
- Assist with BYOD to the best of your abilities.
- Maintain and troubleshoot printers, copiers, and other hardware.
- Clean and maintain the labs in the UST libraries.
- Answer the phones at the service desk.
- Working knowledge of Windows and Mac OS.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office 365 and all other software available for student use.
- Familiar with Chromebooks.
- Ability to navigate the library and ITS webpages, as well as other university resources.
- Excellent phone and keyboarding skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- You are reliable, self-motivated, and time-oriented.
During the academic year, the libraries open as early as 7:30am and close as late as 2:00am. All shifts within these operating hours are available to you.
Applications will not be considered unless the "Availability" section of the application is fully completed with the periods of time between 7:30 am - 2:00 am you are available to work.
HOW TO APPLY
To be eligible for student employment, St. Thomas students must be degree seeking at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels. Students must be actively enrolled at least part-time in courses for credit. For further information on eligibility please see the Student Employee Toolkit on One StThomas.
On the University of St. Thomas jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, student employment with the University of St. Thomas may require consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer