Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Nursing Assistant - Assisted Living Signing Bonus
at Volunteers of America
NEW SIGN ON BONUS for Full Time NEW HIRES $750.00!
The primary role of the Certified Nursing Assistant - Home Health is to provide assigned residents with routine daily nursing care, activities of daily living, incidental homemaking and personal care in accordance with established agency nursing care procedures as directed by supervisors. The Home Health Aide reports any noted changes in the resident as they are noted.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Home Health Functions
* Assists residents with personal care activities, including but not limited to:
? Bathing - full or partial;
? Shampoo/hair care;
? Skin care/nail care, including foot soaks;
? Oral hygiene/denture care;
* Follows all shift routines, policy and procedures regarding accurate performance of vital signs, weights, etc.
* Administer medications and treatments under the director and supervision of the RN (refer to Medication Administration section).
* Assists with ambulation, transfers and exercise.
* Assist with body positioning or transfers of clients who are not ambulatory.
* Perform household services essential to health care at home, including, but not limited to:
? Meal preparation/feeding;
? Light housekeeping.
* Assist with bowel and bladder control, devices and training programs.
* Respond and attend to client requests promptly.
* Maintain proper hand washing techniques.
* Maintain a safe client environment.
* Maintain client confidentiality; treat clients and families with respect.
* Understand, accept and respond to emotional needs of each client.
* Reports promptly to the nurse any changes in the resident condition.
* Reports any indication of resident illness to the nurse.
* Provides any information on changes in skin conditions to the nurse.
* Observe and report any noted changes in mental status to the nurse.
* Report to charge nurse all incidents, accidents that occur involving residents, and visitors.
* Follow standard precautions and works within OSHA guidelines.
* Treats and ensures that residents are treated with respect and dignity.
* Immediately reports any suspected abuse or neglect per facility policy.
* Remains aware and takes special precautions to ensure a clean safe environment for residents and staff.
* Reports any equipment malfunction to designated employee.
* Accept and fulfill assignments with the Agency; exercise judgment in accepting assignments.
* Perform other related duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
* Accurate documentation of cares given and pertinent observations.
3. Personnel Functions
* Attend designated home health meetings as scheduled.
* Develop and maintain a good working relationship with inter-departmental personnel.
* Attends educational offerings and obtains at least twelve (12) hours of continuing education a year per regulation.
4. Committee Functions
* Serve on, participate in and attend various committees and meetings of the facility to enhance interdisciplinary process.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. State approved nursing assistant course completion/certification, or enrollment in approved course per state guidelines.
3. CPR Certified.
4. Have demonstrated sympathetic attitude toward care of the sick.
5. Process the ability to read, write and carry out directions.
6. Possess the maturity to deal effectively with the demands of the job.
7. Have demonstrated the ability to work with little supervision and make appropriate judgment.
8. Have demonstrated dependability, tact, and ability to follow orders.
9. Experience in an Assisted Living Facility or Memory Care Unit strongly preferred.
10. Ability to prioritize duties.
11. Customer service oriented.
12. Ability to understand and follow work assignments.
13. Possesses adequate strength and endurance to meet the strenuous physical demands of such resident care responsibilities as lifting and moving residents.
14. Possesses coordination and dexterity required to provide resident care skillfully.
15. Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
16. Must be a team player.