Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Memory Support Case Manager
at Volunteers of America
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing program with a current license as a Registered Nurse in the state of employment.
2. Current license as a RN in the state(s) of practice; Baccalaureate degree preferred.
3. Minimum of two (2) years of nursing experience, with a combination of long-term care dementia care or acute care. Home care experience preferred.
4. Previous supervisory/management experience in a health care setting.
5. CRP certified.
6. Effective written and oral communication skills and good interpersonal skills.
7. Organizational, prioritization and time management skills.
8. Knowledge of Home Health regulatory and reimbursement requirements.
9. Twenty-one (21) years of age, meet the MVR organization standards, and have a valid driver's license in the state the facility is located in.
10. Customer service oriented.
11. Ability to understand and follow work assignments.
12. Possess adequate strength, coordination, dexterity and endurance to meet the strenuous physical demands of such resident care responsibilities as lifting and moving patients.
13. Must be a team player.
14. Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Reviews client referral information and responds to requests and inquiries as appropriate.
* Evaluates eligibility and appropriateness of resident for home care services.
* Determines appropriateness of referral for home care services and responds per agency policy and standard guidelines.
2. Performs client assessments based on agency standards of practice to ensure effective and appropriate home care services.
* Applies standard nursing principles and practices to utilize a holistic approach to client care.
* Considers the physical, psychological, and socioeconomic needs of the client, the level of family acceptance, and the ability for client needs to be met in the home.
* Collaborates with physicians, other health care professionals (therapists, social services, pastoral care, supportive services), clients, and families in developing a comprehensive quality plan.
3. Directs, plans and initiates appropriate action independently and responsively in home care situations.
* Observes for and identifies overt and subtle signs of impending physiologic and psychological changes. Notifies the physician in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
* Makes decisions and/or recommendations that reflect consideration of immediate and long-range effects (frequency of visits, components of care plan, additional services).
* Confers with the clinical supervisor on a regular basis. Utilizes agency and community resources appropriately.
* Monitors documentation of clinical records to ensure compliance with regulatory standards of timeliness, accuracy, and completeness.
* Provides on-call support for clients per schedule.
* Communicates with other disciplines/departments when required.
4. Manages/supervises a team of RNs, LPN's, Home Health Aides, and Personal Care Aides to provide effective and quality home care services.
* Identifies the educational needs of team members and provides or recommends educational resources.
* Performs or delegates in-home supervision of team members.
* Leads regular team meetings.
* Monitors the productivity of team members on a regular basis.
* Identifies staffing needs and communicates this information.
5. Participates in human resource management to achieve quality service delivery and appositive employee relations.
* Assures that human resource policies and procedures are communicated to staff and are implemented in a fair and consistent manner.
* Conducts timely performance evaluations consistent with agency policy. Conducts in-home supervision of staff per agency policy, regulatory requirements, and as needed.
* Applies disciplinary procedures in a fair and consistent manner when indicated. Documentation is completed per policy and legal guidelines.
* Monitors employee turnover, overtime, and absenteeism. Takes action to address issues.
* Collaborates with supervisors to identify staffing needs and evaluate qualifications and competencies of current and new employees.
6. Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for clients and coworkers.
* Demonstrates knowledge of safety infection control practices by compliance with policies and procedures.
* Recognizes and responds appropriately to potentially unsafe situations.
* Demonstrates safe and competent practice in the use of equipment.
* Assesses safety of environment and takes initiative to prevent accidents and promote safety.
* Participates in all mandatory education per established guidelines.
7. Performs job duties in accordance with agency policies, procedures, and professional and community standards.
* Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the job. Does not reveal information from client records to others, except as identified in agency policy.
* Secures written confidential documents in a manner that prevents unauthorized release.
* Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the Quality Improvement Program and activities.
* Provides care in accordance with state, federal, and JCAHO regulations
8. Attends required in-services and completes assigned on-line modules.
9. Performs other job duties as assigned by Director of Clinical Services.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.