Wings Financial Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Graphic Design Specialist
at Wings Financial Credit Union
Graphic Design Specialist
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. with occasional work outside regular hours as workload requires.
Apple Valley II
PRIMARY PURPOSE: The Graphic Design Specialist will create a wide variety of graphic design work to represent the Wings Financial brand internally and externally. This person will work with individuals and teams across the organization and at all levels of management on branding, corporate presentation needs, digital and product marketing promotional needs and projects for business units across the organization. This person will drive the graphic design needs of the organization while maintaining and ensuring adherence to corporate brand standards internally and with external design partners. Must be able to work well with teams as well as independently with little to no direction and be comfortable making decisions on creative direction.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- With all projects, the individual will maintain focus on the credit union’s objectives and strategic priorities as well as department goals and needs of Wings’ target audiences
- Create graphic design work for a wide range of channels including online and mobile content, digital message boards, print materials, branch signage, event signage, Intranet, web site, and more
- Works with internal stakeholders across business units to create visually appealing PowerPoint presentations and other graphic design needs
- Infographic development – ability to interpret content and data into engaging graphic form
- Illustration design as needed for digital and traditional marketing needs
- Photography or ability to coordinate with photographers
- Manage relationships with external graphic designers supporting advertising, product marketing, digital channel branding, and more
- Develops and maintains corporate brand standards and helps others in the organization adhere to them
- Support and represent the marketing team on projects and attending/working company events
- Ensure that all designs comply with regulatory policies and are produced in accordance with established credit union policies and procedures
- Establish goals and success metrics for design work
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE Four-year college degree in graphic design or related field required. 3+ years working with an in-house design/marketing team, advertising agency or design studio required. Financial services experience preferred, but not required.
- Excellent organization and time management skills; able to handle multiple projects concurrently, work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment, and be flexible to adjust schedule when necessary to ensure deadlines are met.
- Creativity; Able to create unique designs for communicating ideas graphically.
- Communication Skills; Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and provide appropriate design solutions.
- Analytical skills; Ability to consider how designs will be perceived and used by internal and external audiences to ensure they convey the desired message.
- Superior verbal and writing skills; excellent spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite 6 or higher (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Office products including PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently or occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.