Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operations Manager, Histopathology
at WuXi AppTec
- Job ID
This position is responsible for the management of the histopathology department and applicable staff. Develops and oversees the work processes of the histology and pathology departments including workflow and staff assignments to achieve efficiency and performance goals while maintaining quality standards.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the histology laboratory and the pathology team.
- Ensures all laboratory operation complies with standard operating procedures and applicable regulations and guidelines.
- Manage / schedule / assign personnel in a manner that ensures smooth operation of processes and deliverables to internal and external customers.
- Execute / assist with the execution of controlled document revisions in order to support continuous improvement.
- Manage, schedule, and provide technical training, as necessary, to the laboratory staff.
- Investigate non-conforming events and laboratory investigations and complete applicable documentation including participation in CAPA exercises as well.
- Prepare departmental metrics in order to monitor operational health of departments.
- Assist in the development of processes and procedures.
- Supports regulatory, client, and internal inspections, audits and visits.
- Leads and oversees continuous improvement initiatives within histopathology department.
- Supports continuous improvement initiatives with cross-operational/functional groups.
- Assist in the validation/qualification of new and existing equipment.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently, as required.
- Contributes to the overall operations and to the achievement of departmental goals.
- Assists with organization and planning of the systems and resources necessary to support testing services and laboratory support.
- Perform job specific tasks in compliance with applicable Regulations, International. Standards, and WuXi AppTec Policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Thorough understanding of Good Laboratory Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- May be required to assist in other departments.
Experience / Education
- Minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent biology related experience.
- GLP/GMP experience preferred.
- Basic histology/pathology knowledge required.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Proficient in Oral & Written communication skills.
- Need to be able to read, write and understand English.
- Proficient in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Travel may be required.
- Must be able to work in a lab setting with exposure to animals/biohazards/chemical (formalin, xylene, modified Davidson’s solution, decalcification solutions).
- Must be able to wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Must be able to work in environment with variable noise levels.
- Ability to stand / sit for long periods of time.
- Clarity of vision.
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Must be able to perform activities with repetitive motions.
- Ability to crouch, bend, twist and reach.
- Inside working conditions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by Management.